11: A Visit to Mako's pt. 1

Mako Pereira (^^)

Chapter 11 - A Visit to Mako's I

Oliver

I walked out of my dorm, inhaling sharply as I stepped out into the lonely, quiet street. I brought out my phone and checked the location that Mako sent me, it was an eight minutes walk and a three minutes drive right from where I stood which was just steps away from the gigantic black gate.

Oh gee, I wish I could drive my legs to walk then it would take me only three minutes to get there.

I sighed again, not because I was tired or uninterested to go, heck I was excited and juiced up. That doesn't sound exactly right but it best explains how I'm feeling about this visit. Mako was the first person to invite me to anywhere at all since I entered the university, and he's been really kind and friendly from the very beginning, there's absolutely no way I didn't expect to have a blast today.

I began walking towards the direction of the building, following the map. When I got there I checked the time, it took me only six minutes to get here by foot, I guess Google maps guessed wrong or maybe I walked incredibly fast because of how giddy I was feeling inside. I hoped it was not the latter.

Just as I thought, the building was really fancy with almost half of it covered in glistening glass. I stared at the glass front which was greatly luminiferous, transmitting the bright sun rays causing me to see rainbows on it. My eyes soon began to hurt and my vision blurred by mixed colours, it was beautiful while it lasted.

I walked into the building, making my way to the elevator, pushing the button for the tenth floor where Mako said his flat was on. When I got off the elevator I checked my phone again to be sure of the exact flat number as I walked down the hallway, I couldn't risk knocking on the wrong door. I could be greeted by a rapist or worse, a pastor. But then pastors and rapists can't afford to live in a place like this so.

I got the number, repeating it in my head I was currently standing in front of the door boldly bearing the number Mako sent to me on it. Despite seeing everything clearly, I double checked to be sure it was the room with the exact number I was sent. Maybe I was still blurry or rainbow eyed.

I took deep breaths, running my finger through my hair, arranging the curls to my best fitting. I checked my breath, it was minty and fresh, I immediately cautioned myself when I realized what I'd done. I wasn't planning to kiss anyone.

And you don't want to have bad breath either genius.

I rolled my eyes at myself, calming down before ringing the doorbell. I was about to ring it the second time when the door swung open, revealing an elegant Mako in a white crop like top and high waist blue jeans.