FujioRock!Todomatsu x Idol!Reader

(Warning: There will be mentions of identity crises, depressive episodes, and panic attacks. Please take caution and do not read if you are uncomfortable with these issues. If you are feeling any onset of these conditions, please close this chapter and seek help. I do not wish to trigger any kind of negative reaction in you.)

(The Matsuno brothers are not related to each other in this one-shot.)

Breathe in, belt out the song, breathe in again. Repeat until the concert is over, then greet fans with a cheerful tone and happy smile until the apartment door closes.

Breathe in, put the razor blade down, breathe out. Answer the questioning phone call from him, apologize for being tired, and promise to not miss the next date.

I stared up at the blank ceiling, feeling empty inside once more as the sun set on another chaotic day. My manager, Hideo, was getting more and more pushy about public appearances, finding ways to squeeze as many publicity stunts as he possibly could into a single day to boost her popularity. My eyebrow twitched in anger as the roaring crowd echoed in my ears.

'Crystyl!...Crystyl!...Crystyl!'

I turned over in my bed, clamping my hands over my ears to shut out the voices screaming her name. After a few futile moments, I leapt out of the bed and staggered towards the stereo on the other side of the room, quickly turning it on and hitting the 'play' button to silence the ringing in my head.

The cry of an electric violin instantly quieted the chanting, building in volume as I closed my eyes to listen. The stringed instrument had changed tempo as an electric guitar joined it, the bass drum sounding out the beat before the drummer hit the snare and picked up the song as the other instruments joined in. It was a few more measures before the singing started, the rock sound washing over me.

I had only seen the band once in concert, right before my manager became super strict about Crystyl's appearance. It was an unlikely combination of instruments, but they made it really work. The stage performance they gave was astounding; fire shows that never seemed to bother them as the six band members played their hearts out for the crowd, impressive wire acrobatics that the audience couldn't get enough of, the lights that always seemed to be perfectly timed.

I had managed to grab a seat near the back of the amphitheater, but I was able to see and hear everything. The concert was partially postponed from a few days before, and I was excited when the concert was rescheduled to a day that I didn't have anything planned. When I had told my partner, he smiled and voiced his thankfulness at my chance to see them live. He had been to quite a few of their concerts and gave up his seat so I could see them once.

I opened my eyes and looked back at my inactive flip phone sitting near my bed, my heart sinking to my stomach as I remembered brushing him off tonight. Without giving it another thought, I turned down the music and dialed his number by heart, waiting patiently as the ring tone sounded.

"(Y/n)?"

"Totty...I'm sorry about tonight," I could hear how tired he was over the phone, hanging my head low as I sighed, "I should've called you earlier to let you know, but..."

"No worries, (y/n)," His voice perked up on the other side of the call, "I've had rough days, too. Go get some rest and we can try again at a later time, all right?"

"But, this is the fourth time I've done this to you. It's not okay, Totty."

"I've had to cancel dates on you due to a change in plans with my work, so I'm not holding this against you. Ever," The finality of the last word shut my mouth, "We're both busy adults with jobs. This kind of thing happens every so often. We just gotta work it out and move on to tomorrow with our heads high."