Werewolf!Todomatsu

That was close. Too close.

His heart raced a mile a minute as he pressed his back against the exterior wall of his house, the hand over his mouth sprouting fur as the turbulent emotions raged within him, begging for release.

Todomatsu squeezed his eyes shut, shoving down the fear of being found out while trying to calm his breathing.

His skin slowly returned to normal, the furious itching that was so prevalent with the fur appearing abiding over time.

"Oh, God...(Y/n), I'm sorry..." His voice quivered as he rested his head against the brick wall behind him, "Fuck..."

This time, the change was too close for comfort.

The night had started like any other night, Todomatsu taking care of the remaining dinner dishes while his wife started her nightly routine of washing off the day. He had finished earlier than usual, slipping into the bathroom while (y/n) was soaking herself in the tub. She had been surprised before welcoming his offered shoulder rub, leaning into his hands.

Things would've progressed further if he didn't see the bump within her belly.

The happiness of the surprise pregnancy quickly turned into anxiety of being a first time father. Anxiety of parenthood spiraled into fear of failing the child. Fear of child-raising caused the itching to begin as Todomatsu's nails grew into jagged talons, quickly pulling them away from his wife's skin before they could dig into her.

He had pardoned himself after a chaste kiss, rushing out the door claiming that he needed to grab something from the store before it closed.

"Damn it..." Todomatsu pressed the heel of a hand against his eye, gritting his teeth as he fought to keep the tears of frustration at bay.

He needed to go back to his family's home and get some training from some of his brothers. The change was becoming more and more volatile whenever he had a surge of emotion, no matter what it was.

Everything turned to fear.

The cell phone buzzed lightly in his back pocket, drawing his attention to it for a moment before gently pulling it out to see the screen lit up with a short message displayed from (y/n): 'I think we need milk'.

Right...he had used the excuse of going to the store, didn't he.

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, Todomatsu wiped the remaining tears from his face before walking down to the convenience store less than half a mile away, sending a message back to his wife with the confirmation that he'd buy another jug of milk.

The bags weren't terribly heavy in his hands, the plastic crinkling with each step he took. Todomatsu sucked in a deep breath, letting himself enjoy the thought of being a father and teaching the child about--

What if the kid was a werewolf like him? How would he explain that to (y/n)?

He felt his mind start to slip into that dangerous line of thought, cutting it off before the edge grew too near and focusing on the positives. Todomatsu would be the third brother of the sextuplets to have a child, and his three nieces and nephews hadn't shown an ounce of the curse the brothers were burdened with.

His own child should be fine.

Todomatsu stilled as the bags dropped to the ground on either side of him, his eyes widening as the faintest scent of iron wafted by his nose.

He knew that smell...

Quickly grabbing the bags and picking up his pace, Todomatsu's body became more tense as the familiar itching rose to the surface of his skin, the scent growing stronger as he came closer to his home.