Steampunk!Ichimatsu x Reader

Requested by shimmering_clouds.

His hands remained steady as the blowtorch cut through the metal sheet, carving its way along a chalk line that he had drawn earlier, the sparks reflected from the single goggle covering his left eye. Pulling the torch away as the excess sheet fell to the ground, he cut the gas powering the tool and set the torch down before a loud bang echoed through the warehouse. Pulling the corner of his lips back in a sneer, the man lifted the goggle from his face as he opened his right eye while turning to face where the loud noise came from.

"Ichimatsu~!" A male voice called out with a soft whine in his tone, another bang echoing out before the warehouse door behind the man opened, "I need your service again!"

"You still owe me 54,328 jewelles for the last job," The first man turned back around to focus on his work, ignoring the newcomer dragging in something large behind him. Holding the carefully carved piece of metal, he unfastened the vice jaws that were locking it in place before carrying it over to his main workbench where other pieces similar in shape were carefully laid out.

"I thought I paid most of that off already," The newcomer dragged the large object into a clearing on the warehouse floor, leaning against it as he removed the goggles from his face, revealing a pair of dark hues that regarded the working man quietly.

"If you're implying that the paltry amount you brought in three months ago, it paid for the repair service that you inquired about," He sighed as he gently placed the cut piece down, barely turning to glare at the man pulling out a cigarette while leaning against the contraption that he had dragged in, "but not for the balance that you had before that."

"Ah, come on, little Ichimatsu!" The now-lit cigarette dangled between the man's lips as he adjusted the tight red jacket wrapped around his chest, unzipping the article as he rolled his eyes, "That bounty payout was just over 40,000!"

"And the debt you had from your massive list of repairs at that time was nearing 100,000 jewelles," Ichimatsu focused back on the workbench in front of him, moving aside some the paperwork from other receipts to clear some room for the small dremel tool he reached for while aligning the smaller shapes in a line.

The only noise within the warehouse was his tools as he began to craft the plates into a single piece, the years of experience keeping the tips of his fingers well out of the way as he leaned over the workbench.

"Is that for (y/n)?"

The sudden closeness of Osomatsu's voice didn't startle the inventor, keeping his rapt focus on the mechanical flower bud that was starting to form as he tightened the tiny screws into the holes that he drilled into the pieces, the entire piece beginning to form as he cautiously hammered the petals into a more realistic look before completely tightening them into place.

"Yes."

"Aww," The other man sounded disappointed, "You didn't like my ideas?"

"Your 'ideas' were meant for a trash bin," Ichimatsu blew off some of the smaller metal shavings, sliding the singular goggle over his left eye as the multiple lenses within the contraption began to offer a close-up view of the gift he was building.

"No, they weren't! I know plenty of women who would love to have a usable metal sculpture of a dick!" Osomatsu scoffed before laying a hand on Ichimatsu's shoulder, the inventor lifting up his hands from the work instantly before he was shaken from side to side, "And what about a machine that could make all of her fantasies come true, or just going for it? Those were good, too!"