MagicalGirl/Darkness!Choromatsu x Reader

Inspired by shimmering_clouds's prompt.

Choromatsu sighed heavily, his lips parting in a mixture of anger and distaste while his fingers tensed around the thin sheets of newspaper. His dark hues lifted from the article depicting himself and two others -- two of his brothers -- as heroines that had saved a tourist group from plummeting off a cliff in a runaway bus. The brake lines had been severed intentionally, the vehicle meant to draw out a brother that hadn't shown up. It had been up to Choromatsu, Ichimatsu, and Osomatsu to save the civilians from the surprise attack from the villains.

He shoved the roughly rolled up newspaper under his right thigh, settling his brow into a glare that was aimed at his own reflection as the train he rode dipped into an underground tunnel.

He hated that his family had been cursed by magic that altered the sextuplets into females, gave them superpowers, and had changed their NEET lives forever. He hated wearing the forced outfit as the powers evolved when they became more comfortable with their control, his glare shifting into a glower as the black crop top and miniskirt flashed in his head.

Choromatsu closed his eyes when they had developed a bright red glow deep within the dark hues, letting out another sigh while letting his head fall back until he was staring at the ceiling.

A quiet touch brought his focus back to the moment, casting his softening glance towards the young woman sitting next to him with a concerned look on her features, "Babe, are you okay?"

"Yeah, fine for now," Choromatsu barely nodded, looking back at his reflection, "Just busy with thinking."

"...about what the article said?" She gently pulled the newspaper article from across his lap, smoothing out the creases that he had caused, "I thought that Heroines Party were the good guys?"

Guilt seared through his heart, wanting sorely to tell her everything but withholding any external reaction, "It's just a ploy to keep the public distracted."

"Distracted from what?"

"Anything. The 'attacks' are probably staged."

A defeated hum vibrated behind her lips, momentarily distracted by the automated voice announcing the train approaching a station. She folded up the article carefully, slipping it into her purse before resting her hand on his, "Come on...this is our stop."

Choromatsu willfully followed her lead, keeping close to her as the crowd thrummed around them until they stepped from the main street onto a small footpath that led up to a smaller street. His heart pounded happily as her grip tightened a little around his hand, his eyes catching her own as she looked behind her. The smile they shared was heartwarming.

Choromatsu wouldn't trade his girlfriend for anyone in the world.

(Y/n) had been an unexpected discovery when he waited within an office building for a job interview, her words a kind encouragement that gave him the stability he needed to nail the interview. Choromatsu confessed his feelings after a few months of growing what he thought was a close friendship, keeping his Magical Girl side a close secret throughout their rocky relationship. She had been very forgiving when he stepped over her boundaries, offering an alternative that would make both parties at ease.

He had learned about healthy relationships through her, ultimately shoving aside all of the pornographic scenarios he had hoped to act out with (y/n) when she ran from him crying.

Now, his heart swelled with pride as he looked towards his girlfriend of five years.

"About the article," She spoke, catching his attention as she barely looked back at him, "I...actually like reading about the group."