Chapter 70: The New Next Door Neighbor

Start from the beginning

She chuckled, and it sounded like Sans. She glowed red and tried to hammer the nails in.

“It’s fine, it’s not like half,” Sans told her. “This is probably about what you are gonna get after the kids are born.”

Huh? “Why?” Frisk asked.

"Cause your laugh is hilarious now.”

“He’s right.” Amanda came toward her with a big grin on her face. “Lucky me. No supernatural ability, just a slow human. Nobody needs me.”

“You could go out and gather wood-” Frisk giggled. “I mean, uh, supplies.”

“I’ve already got a lot of wood gathered around here.” Amanda waved at Gaster, then at Abe, and then at Papyrus. “Only solo girl anyone’s got a shot at within hundreds of miles. I’ve got college guys on one side trapped for a year with me. I’ve got monsters who know I’m the only thing around, human or not, that they could ever try and get with. I’ve got a lot of wood gathered around me.”

“Amanda.” Yet, Frisk laughed again.

“Melikes this, I need to write down this monster percentage in you,” Sans chuckle “Dirty Frisk.”

“I’m not,” Frisk insisted. “I am just unfocused.”

“But you are,” Amanda said, pointing to the smudges of dirt Sans had pointed at just before. “Covered in filth. I was too.”

“Look. Just, don’t get too familiar with Abe?” Frisk asked. “He takes time.”

“Not worried about him. Got Gabe constantly for conversation when he’s not out getting more wood,” Amanda said. “Then a bit ago, I got a sensuous, warm bubbling bath.”

What? “How?”

“Papyrus and Gaster. One heated the water just right and one made bubbles.” She waved at Papyrus, but winced as he lost his concentration. Without getting his wood positioned right, Undyne hit the wood wrong, and it almost split a tree behind them. “Whoops. I made the wood go in the wrong direction.”

“Hey.” Sans moved closer to Amanda. “Let’s just have a no bro rule in general, okay? I don’t need a footloose and fancy-free thing along Papyrus.”

“Excuse me?”

Ooh. What have I started? Frisk really couldn’t concentrate now, and the wood fell off.

“I’m just sayin’, flirt or whatever, that’s fine,” Sans said. “Just, don’t get serious. Okay.”

“What the hell are you sayin’ to me?” Amanda pulled her foot forward and her eyes were completely focused on Sans.

“Sayin’ you date guys who screw Magi. I didn’t forget that.”

“That!” Amanda pointed her finger at him. “That was one time, and I did like him. And. Nobody tells me what I can and cannot do. If I don’t want to flirt, I won’t. If I want to flirt, I will. If I want to straight up start dancing in the middle of the mud with my clothes all off, I will!” She stormed off.

“Oops.” Sans looked toward his bony hands. “I went too far. Guess I was pretty . . . determined?” Sans rubbed his neckbone and looked toward Frisk. “Yeah, okay. Maybe not as much monster afterwards.” He brought out his soul and checked it. It had some purple mixed in, a lot of grey and some red. “Oh no. That red is growing?”

Sans was growing her determination? Sans is getting more determined?

“It’s okay, my grey will always be dominant. I’ll give you this bit.”