Chapter Thirty

We went back to the hotel after I texted Chris that I was on my way back. Tristan and I stood outside the room just staring at each other. He smiled and began to lean in, but I turned my head and he kissed my cheek. 

"Camryn,"

I sighed and looked at him.

"I wanna take things slow. I'm still trying to get used to everything right now. I'm glad that we talked things out, but right now I want to think things out. We have a lot to work on and a lot."

He sighed and nodded as he grabbed my hands. 

"I get it and I need to respect that but I just really missed you."

I smirked and nodded. 

"I missed you too, but right now we've just got to take things slow."

He nodded and kissed my cheek.

"I guess I gotta go, but text me?"

I nodded as I watched him walk away and go into the elevator. Once those doors were closed I went into the room to find Chris standing next the bathroom with his arms crossed across his bare chest. 

"Chris! Damn it, don't scare me like that."

"What the hell was that?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked closing the door.

"You're going back to him? After he hurt you?!"

"Chris it's not as easy as you think."

"Really? Because if I were him, I wouldn't have ever cheated on someone as amazing as you. I wouldn't have hurt you. You would be treated like a fucking queen. Every last penny would be spent on you. No one else. I just don't get it."

I stood there looking at the ground. 

Was Chris right? I mean, why would anyone else go back to someone that cheated on them? I mean it's insane right. 

But people do crazy things when they're in love right?

"Chris, I love that you're protective of me, and I love our friendship. I appreciate everything that you have done for me, I really do. But,"

"But what Camryn."

"I am in love with Tristan. I will always be in love with him. He may have screwed up, but when I met up with him earlier and he explained everything I could tell that he was telling the truth. If he was lying he wouldn't have looked me in the eyes and said the things he did. You can call me dumb and stupid and all these other things, but I don't care because I will always love him."

Chris stood there with hurt eyes and his arms still crossed. He looked down at the ground and shook his head. 

"You have to promise me something Camryn." he looked back up at me with tears in his eyes. 

"Anything,"

"If he hurts you again, I get to kick his ass." 

His smirk appeared on his face. 

When I saw that smirk, I couldn't help but smile and laugh which made him laugh. 

"Deal."

He came over to me and hugged me. 

"Love you Cam."

"Love you too Chris."