Chapter Eight

I woke up the next day and found no Tristan beside me. I sat up and smelled delicious food, getting out of bed and stretching I made my way downstairs and saw the love of my life standing at the stove cooking. 

He was singing his heart out. I've always loved his singing, but of course Tristan being Tristan never thought he was good at all. One of these days I'm going to knock some sense into him that he is good enough. 

He turned around with a bowl in his hand to rinse out but those blue eyes found me and he smiled. 

"Good morning beautiful," 

"Hi,"

Everything from last night came flashing through my head. I felt the lump in my throat form. My dad is gone. I was left alone. I don't have anyone, I mean, I have Tristan, but he lives all the way in California. What the hell am I supposed to do with that. 

"Stop it," he said sternly. 

I looked up at him confused. 

"What?"

"You're thinking about last night, and when you think about bad things you tend to overthink a lot of other things that are happening right now. That's why I said stop."

I shrugged and walked over to him. He had his back facing me, I wrapped my arms around his torso and kissed the back of his shoulder. 

"I'm sorry baby. It's just a lot going on right now. I'm glad that you're here with me though."

He turned around and rested his forehead on mine. 

"I'm glad I'm here with you too." 

He kissed the end of my nose than my lips. I kissed him back and held onto him tightly like it was the last time. He pulled back and rested his forehead on mine. 

"Let's take today to just relax. Let's go the mall and let me spoil you and everything."

"Can we just go to the park instead?"

"Anything you want baby."

I nodded and kissed his cheek. 

"Eat first."

He handed me a plate of eggs, bacon and chocolate chip pancakes. We both sat down and ate breakfast. Once I was finished, I went back upstairs and showered and changed into a pair light ripped jeans, I put on a black tank top and stole one of Tristan's hoodies. I put on my slides and walked out of the bathroom. Tristan was sitting on my bed scrolling through whatever on his phone. 

"You are coming to California with me."

"What?" I laughed. 

"You. Are. Coming. To. California. With. Me."

"What made you decide this?"

He shrugged and pulled me close to him. 

"You need to get out and explore the world for a while. Come see what I do everyday and you can meet the guys and everyone can meet the love of my life."

I smiled and laid down on top of him but leaning up far enough to see him. 

"The love of your life huh?"

"Duh, you have been since we were three."

"Aw, okay. When are we leaving?"

"Whenever you're ready."

"Let's leave tomorrow."

"Okay."

With that being said, we left to go to the park. 

Today was going to be a good day, he was going to make it a good day and now I'm going to California with him. 

He really is my everything. It's always going to be him.