Chapter TwentyFive

Q: how did you find this book? also is anyone else's sleep schedule MESSED UP?🤩

Sorry for not updating last night ❤️ maybe you'll get a double update today ;)

It felt weird at first, the metal band around my finger - but now I can't even tell that it's there. Except for the occasional times I simply stare at it.

Tristan's arm is wrapped around my waist, his face buried in my neck - his warm breaths comforting as they make small goosebumps rise on my arms.

It's times like these, that make me feel as though I'm ready for the future. Waking up tangled against the boy, going to bed with him, eating dinner with him every night - it all feels domestic, and it makes me excited. The thought of settling down. I've known for a long time, that the boy next to me is the home of my heart. It's where I belong, with him.

It's the small moments, where words aren't necessarily exchanged or said, that mean the absolute most. The thought that I have my whole world in my hands will never cease to amaze me.

"You think so loud, shut up." I let out a small laugh, turning in his hold so my cheek is pressed against his bare chest.

"You fell asleep so early last night."

"No, I'm pretty sure you fell asleep before me."

"Absolutely n-," a knock on the door pulls us from the conversation, eyes falling on the white frame.

"Yeah?" Tristan yells.

"Have you guys seen Chris?" I stiffen in Tristan's hold, and in turn he looks down at me.

"Camryn?" He asks softly, and I shake my head.

"No!" He yells back. "Why?"

"He went out for a run last night, and he wasn't here this morning. He keeps sending me to voicemail."

I sit up, alerted by Bryan's worries tone - that's not like Chris, not really. He's done it a time or two before, Bryan's told us stories - but normally it happened when something in his home-life was effecting him.

I gulp.

"Hey, T, I think we should talk.." he looks down at me with furrowed eyebrows, and he sits up. Bryan's footsteps fade softly as he walks away from the bedroom door, leaving Tristan and I to ourselves.

"Is this something I should put pants on for?" He laughs, trying to lighten the situation. With a roll of my eyes, I nod my head.

"Maybe."

-

"The other night, in the kitchen.. Chris saw my ring and T, you should have seen how hurt he looked." I frown, watching as Tristan buckles the button on his jeans. He moves to sit next to me on the bed, hand finding it's way to my thigh.

"He's been pretty sweet to me lately, and I've gotten pretty good at telling when guys have feelings, or are hitting on me. At least since we started dating. I just-I hurt him. I know it wasn't intentional because neither of us knew but..."

"You're telling me that he likes you? Chris has feelings for you?" Tristan's hand finds mine, his fingers playing with mine - running over the small ring.

"It wasn't anything I wanted to worry you about. But he's been distant with me the past couple of days, and I think that's maybe what's happened. He just wants to clear his head."

"I know-," he grits his teeth. "I know you can't help feelings, and I'm glad that he's trying to clear his head but..."

"Hey," I furrow my eyebrows. "We have nothing to worry about."

"You promise?" With a soft smile, I press my lips against his.

"Maybe I should invest in getting you a ring too."

"Oh," Tristan smiles. "But you only have a one dollar budget, and I like the blue ones."

"You want a ring pop?" I raise an eyebrow, laughing as he wraps an arm around my shoulders and pushes me back onto the bed.

He presses his lips against mine with a laugh, movements slowing down as he places his palm on my waist, hand creeping beneath my shirt.

"Maybe getting dressed was useless." I smile when he noses at my neck. He places a soft kiss against my jawline, encouraging to tilt my head to the side - which I willingly do.

"I think so."