entry #81 | вуρåѕѕ

━━━━༻ ❀ ༺━━━━
bypass
00100000
━━━━༻ ❀ ༺━━━━

At first glance, it looked like Leon would win the fight easily. Tristan rarely partook in hand-to-hand combat, even though he was the one in the group with the love for sports. And on top of being physically weaker than the black-haired male, he also had a broken leg and wore glasses. No one would ever think he would stand a chance against the raging male.

Tristan's tactic was simple: get Leon as mad as he could. Push him over the edge. He could tell from the accident Leon was already barely hanging onto the side of the cliff. One more nudge or in this case, one more hard stomp on his hand would do the trick. 

Anger made someone like Jaehyun deadlier but strangely enough for Leon, it made him weaker. Had he been fighting to protect his brother instead of vengeance, he would've snapped Tristan's neck or beat him to death by now. Tristan knew this, and he was going to take full advantage of that fact. He had little care for much in life but even he didn't want to die. At least, not now.

He narrowly side-stepped a heavy blow that came his way, whipping his hair across his face with a rush of wind. But he didn't completely dodge it since he was still unused to wearing a bulky cast. Leon's fist clipped his lip, shooting a sudden gush of pain through his skin. The force snapped his head to the side and knocked him back into the wall.

This doesn't look good. Tristan wiped the blood from his mouth and settled back into a defensive stance. His eyes darted away from the raging black-haired male, at the obnoxious Kieran who had lost interest in the fight and was busy chatting (Y/n) up. At the empty spot where Jaehyun used to be, now only a knocked over chair. That didn't look very reassuring.

The gears inside his head began to whir. If this keeps up, he knew he'd wear out long before Leon would; Leon always had the most stamina in the group with all the odd jobs he did to support himself and Conan, including construction work. And the tight space didn't help either. Tristan didn't have the freedom of movement he wanted, and that too could lead to his untimely demise. That meant he needed to lure Leon downstairs where he could rampage all he wanted.

"Where the f*ck do you think you're going?!" Leon yelled as Tristan suddenly broke free and burst out of the room with such speed it was like he never broke his leg to begin with. He ignored the burning sensation that erupted in his cast and clawed up his skin, raking bloody streaks down his leg.

"Where am I going?" Tristan retorted with a mocking scoff. He paused long enough at each flight to let Leon catch up. "Somewhere I can't see you, of course. No, did you think I'd stay in one place for you to pummel me however you like? Don't answer that. That was a rhetorical question."

Tristan Knight is learning. That's...not good to say the least.

"F*ck you!"

"I'd prefer not to."

He burst down the last flight of stairs and skidded to a stop. His stomach ached from the blows he hadn't been able to avoid, and his chest felt tight from the effort of running so fast with a compromised leg. Bloody hell, he's built like a goddamned animal, he cursed inside his head as he placed his hands on his knees to take a quick break. A shot of pure agony ripped up his leg and made him reel back and stumble into the broken elevator.

I can't stay here, he thought as he stumbled towards the living room, the largest open space in the manor, almost dropping to the ground from the sheer pain as he did so. I can hear him coming closer.

And he was; Leon was only a floor above the male, so blinded by his anger he was destroying things on the second floor before he realized Tristan must've gone downstairs.