entry #80 | мємσяу

━━━━༻ ♠ ༺━━━━
memory
00101100
━━━━༻ ♠ ༺━━━━

The balance was breaking. That much was apparent when (Y/n) returned to the manor to find it silent yet laid in a scene of destruction. She saw the dented doors of the elevator and smelled smoke as she began to go up the stairs. She frowned. That's weird. Who broke the elevator?

Whatever had happened, it meant she'd have to use the stairs to go all the way back up to the third floor. She'd been expecting Jaehyun to stop her once they reached Kieran's floor, but instead, he merely smiled innocently at her and bid her a warm goodnight. The smile raked shivers up her spine—even though it looked kind, knowing the blond it signaled something the opposite of kind.

Back in her room, she closed the door tightly and then pressed her ear against the other door connecting her room and Kieran's. Was he in there? The manor was awfully quiet when she returned. Something bad couldn't have happened to him...could it?

He wasn't in his room. She had no idea where he was, but at least that meant she'd have this time to herself. No random people popping into her room and interrupting her sleep. They were all repeat offenders of that crime.

Speaking of missing people, she wondered where Jasper was. The navy blue-haired male hasn't tried to contact her at all these past few days, much less try to kill her again. The memory made her gulp and her neck throb.

She tried to open the window only to find it locked, though one of them was pushed up just a bit for ventilation. She couldn't push that window any higher. Well, it'll have to do.

"Jasper!" She called out as loudly as she dared. She half-hoped he would be scaling the side of the building like Spiderman, just like the last time she saw him. But he wasn't there. "Jasper?"

Only silence and the faint chirping of birds and crickets met her call. Mist clung to the delicate iron bars of the window like spider silk. Night was like a dark horse with a flank of unadulterated velvety twilight, with a single moonshine eye that blinked open and shut with each passing cloud. Its blue-black mane left streaks of color across the black-gray clouds. 

Through the tear in the sky where the storm clouds parted, (Y/n) could see the glimmer of the stars glaring down at her. The sight filled her with regret; there were so many things she could've done better and so many things she could've done to turn this future into a nicer one. But (Y/n) ultimately was not the monster the Bellua Project tried to create; she was only human. And humans made mistakes. Small ones, big ones, and terrible ones. Humans were not gods; they couldn't change the past.

But they could learn from it to change the future.

The next day, (Y/n) awoke to utter chaos. When she finished freshening up and stepped out the door to resume sneaking around, she was met with hallways strewn with broken paints and porcelain fragments. Puddles of water winked under the ceiling lights against the cold marble floor. The fresh blossoms that once stood proudly in the vases now laid pitifully on the floor, their petals ripped off their broken stems and trampled upon.

Are indoor tornadoes a thing now? Should I be worried? She picked her way over the rubble, wincing when her foot crunched down on glass. Good thing she was wearing shoes with thick soles or the bottom of her feet would no longer match the color of her skin. Glass shards are a pain to get out. Literally. Especially the smaller ones.

Other than the obvious destruction, the hallways were quiet. She peeked into Kieran's room to find the white-haired male still missing. Did Leon kill snowman and they had his funeral last night without telling me? Then again, they aren't that nice. They'd probably toss his body into a dumpster or something.