entry #6 | ℓσådïηg

━━━━༻ ♦ ༺━━━━
loading
01101101
━━━━༻ ♦ ༺━━━━

"And...that's how integrals work," Mrs. Richards exclaimed. She turned from the blackboard to smile at her class. "Easy peasy, right?"

She was met by rows upon rows of blank looks.

"Haha, I'm just kidding, my dears. I don't expect you all to get this in one day. This is a week-long unit, after all. Anyway, the bell's about to ring in a few minutes. Homework will be thirty questions from page 903 and ten from 915." The class stifled their groans and settled with staring sadly at their desks. "I expect it all to be in the proper format, of course! Got it?"

"Yes, Mrs. Richards," the students chorused.

"Good, good," the elderly woman smile. "Well, you're all dismissed! (Y/n) and Tristan, stay behind for a few minutes, alright? I promise I won't keep you long."

The said girl's head shot up at the mention of her name and she looked around in confusion until her eyes landed on her red-haired friend, who looked just as confused. What?

"Yes, madam," Tristan confirmed, swiftly returning his things neatly to his white bag. To (Y/n), it looked more like a briefcase than a school appropriate bookbag. Rich kids...she shook her head.

"I'll see you in history," she assured her friend. "Save me a seat...okay?"

Reese gave her a worried look before relenting and nodding. "Alright. Tell me about it later then."

"M'kay."

With one last smile and a little wave, the redhead was off, ducking out the door and towards his next class, which happened to also be different from hers. The (e/c)-eyed girl went to the front of the room where her teacher stood beside the blue-haired male and stopped in front of them. Unused to being singled out in such a way, she felt a little awkward.

Her tension was dissolved instantly by the elderly woman's kind smile. "(Y/n), dear, have you met Tristan yet?"

She glanced at him, but his icy orbs and cold expression didn't reveal anything. "No...I'm afraid I haven't," she replied. 

"Well, goodness me," Mrs. Richards gasped. "I was sure you knew him by now." She placed a hand on their shoulders and pulled them to stand face-to-face in front of each other. "(Y/n) dear, meet your tutor, Tristan Knight"—she gestured towards the male—"And Tristan, meet your mentee for the rest of the year, (Y/n) White."

Surprise flitted across the girl's face as realization set in. "Now that you mention it," she murmured. "I got an email yesterday...that was you?"

His face was unchanging and even more emotionless than hers. "Yes, indeed," he confirmed. "I received your information last night as well. Later than my liking but I supposed it can't be helped." His harsh, cynical gaze swept down her figure and his lips curled discretely in disgust.

Wow, rude much.

Luckily for him, Mrs. Richards didn't seem to notice. "Perfect! Now that you two know each other, I expect good progress," she smiled. "Have you arranged a meeting yet?"

"Well, no—" (Y/n) tried to say, only to be cut off.

"We will set one later," Tristan said curtly. "We have each other's contact information; I will be contacting her later today."

Don't talk about me like I'm not here, she scowled, doing her best to keep her displeasure to herself. Urgh...I really regret this...