entry #55 | ¢σdє

━━━━༻ ♠ ༺━━━━
code
01000111
━━━━༻ ♠ ༺━━━━

Tristan watched her reaction carefully. Watched as she blinked rapidly, opening her mouth to say something but unable to form any words. Shock, confusion, and most of all fear blurred her (e/c) orbs. He always loved her eyes. He loved how clear and resolute they were. Even in the most hopeless situations they remained shining. Always fighting, always thinking. Whatever went on in that beautiful mind of hers, he'd give anything to find out.

It was the fear and disbelief in her eyes that made him smile. "I don't expect a response now," he said, stepping away from her and dropping his hands. She stared numbly back at him. "But keep in mind there's only one answer I'm expecting to receive. I'll leave you to it, my dear. Don't wander too much." There are secrets I prefer you never to find out.

He leaned forward as if for a kiss but she moved back. She probably didn't even register the action but the reject still made his chest burn and his smile fall. He rearranged his features with the efficiency of a person with years of practice doing so. "I'll see you later, (Y/n)."

Then he was gone, leaving (Y/n) to sort out her thoughts. Honestly, she was only thinking one thing right now.

Does this mean I get to sleep as much as I want?

The entire situation and the thought that Jaehyun and Tristan of all people were interested in her in a way that was remotely romantic was absurd. I mean, come on. Me? What did I ever do? Laugh obnoxiously when popsicle couldn't complete the simple task of fixing a computer and invite sunflower to lunch with me and my friends? How the heck does love come from that?

Humans were complicated.

Then his words, both of their parting words. It was plainly obvious something was wrong with them. She just saw it too late. Jaehyun threatened to gouge her eyes out. If that wasn't messed up, what was?

If she was a normal person, she might've been frightened out of her wits or broke down in tears. Or she'd start frantically trying to escape this place. But she wasn't a normal person. She was no stranger to pain and madness. She practically grew up in it. How she managed to be a somewhat decent person was amazing.

(Y/n) honestly wasn't cowed by the blond's threat to maim her and Tristan's suggestion that she'd never be able to escape them. Honestly, she wouldn't have cared less—she'd be content to spend her days sleeping all she wanted.

Though Reese made it different. She couldn't have comfort and her best friend at the same time. It was one of the other and Tristan made that clear.

It was obvious what her decision was. It was her friends. It would always be her friends.

Just as she began to put a new escape plan together in her head, the very person she decided to convince to let her meet Reese rounded the corner and appeared before her eyes. His face was a mixture of relief and worry. And he wasn't alone.

"Ah!" Conan pointed at the (h/c)-haired girl and skitted to a stop. "Half-alive big sister!"

(Y/n) pointed to herself, bewildered. "Who, me?" This kid looks familiar...where did I see him again?

Conan pulled excitedly on the leg of his brother's pants. "I found her, big brother! Does this mean I won?"

"Yeah," Leon chuckled, giving the boy a high-five. "Good job."

"Does this mean I can get the new Nintendo Switch—"

"Nice try, buddy."

"Aww..." Conan sulked for a few seconds before brightening. "That's right—half-alive big sister!"