The song ended and they all stood in their final positions, all of them panting after the performance that they poured all their energy in.

To all the youngsters without dreams.

The lights dimmed to give the members privacy as they all exited the stage to prepare for their next stage,

We are bulletproof pt. 2

Once they reached the waiting room, Seokjin bursted into tears as he felt he can do better with their debut stage, his pants kept falling down, distracting him with the choreography.

The stylists started fixing their hair again, wiping and drying their sweat that formed on their foreheads, trickling down their temples.

"Jin hyung, It's fine!" Jaerin cheered the oldest up with a smile on her lips as she sat down on a stool, fixing her shoes as the director gave them time to prepare for their next stage.

"Wait up!" Jaerin said as she hurriedly tied her shoelaces, she didn't bother to tie it tightly as every steps she made, the shoelaces are loosing up.

Once again, they're on the stairs as she picked up her pace and now she's climbing up the stairs beside Taehyung who has his boxy grin plastered on their lips.

Jaerin unknowingly stepped on her laces which became untied as she tripped on the stairs, her knee landing hardly with a thud as Taehyung looked at her, immediately helping her up.

"Yah, Are you okay?!" Taehyung worriedly asked as Jaerin nodded, a smile on her lips as she limped a little towards the stage as she punched her knee a little.

Taehyung tied her shoelaces as she pat it, just like what he did when they're still trainees as he placed a comforting hand on her back while going up the stage.

Time pass by and without even realizing, they already finished their second stage as Jaerin limped slightly to the waiting room as she sat down in the stool, frowning to her knee.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung kneeled in front of her as he held her knee, massaging it a little.

"What happened?" Hoseok asked as he approached the two, a worried look on his face, "She tripped on the stairs and landed on her knee,"

Taehyung explained as it caught the attention of the other boys, circling around her who's still sitting on the stool.

"I'm fine, don't worry!" She smiled as she assured the boys while standing up and stomping her foot on the ground and clenched her fist with a smile,

"Boys! and girl, let's take a picture!" A staff laughed as the members posed chaotically in the picture while smiling brightly as they all clapped and smiled, thanking the staffs for their hardwork.

This went on for few more weeks as they started getting used to their new schedule where they have infinite performances here and there, hearing the roars and chants of the crowd made them feel energetic, like it's their source of energy.

They're just starters, rookies, they still have to wear the sweaters and shirts with their names printed on it as the staffs and everyone is having a hard time to memorize and recognize their names.

On the other side, the haters became more aggressive and passionate. They would spam the comment sections with their hate comments as they know that the members will read it,

Namjoon told the members to lessen the use of social media as he doesn't want the members to feel sad and doubt theirselves again.

Meanwhile, Jaerin secretly reads them using Seokjin's iPad, her insecurities are getting the best of her again without her knowing.

She'd read all of them until the very end of the thread, she wanted to stop reading but curiosity took upon her.

She started practicing harder, making sure she makes no mistake, she stays longer in the studio, polishing her moves until midnight, sometimes she'd sleep there and would wake up before the members came.

She practiced her vocals to the point that she almost lost her voice.

The comments got into her, so bad.

She became more determined and focused with the whole idol thing, she started having dark circles under her eyes, she's balancing her idol life and her life as a middle school student.

They're nearly graduating and will soon go to a performing arts school with Jeongguk,

Everything didn't go unnoticed to the members, they're missing the old Jaerin. Her smile doesn't reach her eyes anymore, her dark orbs looks dull and empty, the sparkles and twinkles in her eyes can no longer be seen.

"Are you okay?" Jeongguk asked quietly as Jaerin nodded and licked the tip of her chopsticks as she chewed slowly,

"You know.. you can talk to me, right?" Jeongguk said as his voice became softer with each word that came out of his mouth.

"Yeah," Jaerin answered shortly as her fellow maknae frowned and ate a piece of omelette that he bought from the school cafeteria.

"Kim Jaerin." Jeongguk said as the said girl looked up, shocked as the vocalist used her full name,

When one of the boys pulled the full name card it means that she's in a big trouble.

Jeongguk stifled a laugh as he watch how her eyes widened, her eyebrows raised and her lips were apart, as fast as lightning, her expression changed into an annoyed one as Jeongguk quickly left the table, knowing he pushed some buttons that he shouldn't have pushed.

"Yah, Jeon Jeongguk!"

© staerryniights
  — kookarchives