"We'll start with Seokjin, please head inside." Seokjin nodded nervously as he slowly placed his headphones in his ear and started singing his lines,

Jaerin who has more lines than she expected is nervous, she's the main vocalist together with Jeongguk, that's why they had more lines than the other vocalists.

Her heart is racing and her hands are slightly shaking as she closed her eyes and breathed in and out, she felt a warm hand on her shoulder as she opened her eyes and saw Yoongi with a smile plastered on his lips,

"It's going to be fine, Jaerin. You're a good singer."

He whispered as it somehow made Jaerin's nerves calm down,

"Kim Jaerin!" The director called out as Yoongi gave her the fighting sign, his fists balled as he placed it in front of his face with an assuring smile.

Jaerin went inside as she wore the headphones as she heard the director's voice, "Okay, let's start with the 'You're such a liar' part."

Jaerin took a sip from her water bottle as she felt her throat dried like a desert as she cleared her throat and sang her line, she frowned a little when she stuttered at the beginning,

"Let's do that again without stuttering, alright?" The director asked as Jaerin nodded and bit her lip, starting to doubt herself again.

She sang again as a smile crept up to her lips when she did it perfectly without stuttering as she heard a satisfied hum from the director.

Jaerin who has a high fever but kept it from the members, started getting dizzy but continued listening to whatever Hoseok is saying.

She started losing concentration when pain suddenly shot through her head as she held her temples and let out a silent whimper,

Her ears started to ring as she stumbled backwards even though she's only standing,

"Jae?" She heard Namjoon's muffled voice filled with worry as she felt the leader's hand on her shoulder, asking if she's okay,

"Yah, are you okay?!" Namjoon said as he pressed his palm on the female maknae's forehead but instantly retracted his hand back after she felt the burning forehead of the latter.

"She's burning!" Namjoon said as Jaerin started closing her eyes due to her high temperature and the way she forced her body even though she's sick.

Namjoon caught her before she fell on the ground as Seokjin immediately placed her flat on the floor as he ordered Namjoon to tell the manager that an emergency came up, they had to get back to the dorm as the younger instantly followed.

Seokjin frowned when his hand touched the female maknae's skin, her body temperature is too high.

"Why are you like this, Jae?" Seokjin mumbled as he waited for Namjoon to come back.

___

Jaerin stirred in her sleep as she let out a soft groan due to the high fever that she's experiencing, she felt like a trash, her nose is clogged and her eyes are like in fire.

She sat up as she Jeongguk and Jimin lying down on the lower bunk bed across where Jaerin is sleeping as they volunteered to watch the youngest but ended up sleeping.

"Good Morning, Jae." Seokjin said as he went inside the room, a bowl of steaming porridge that he placed down on the towel that's placed on the towel so that it won't stain their bed.

"How are you feeling? Better?" Seokjin said as he placed the back of his palm on her forehead but saw no differences.

"Your temperature won't drop, I think it's better to send you to the hospi—" Seokjin was cut off when Jaerin shook her head, her eyes wide open.

"N-No! I'll get better tomorrow, Jin! I'll eat this porridge and drink lots of water and medicine!" Jaerin said as she took a spoonful of the porridge as she fanned her mouth, her eyes watering as her tongue got burned due to the hot porridge.

Seokjin laughed as he gave the poor girl a glass of cold water that she gladly took and drank,

"Jaerin?" They heard a small voice coming from the bunk bed as they saw Jeongguk with a smile on his face as he immediately stood up and sat down beside his fellow maknae.

"I'm sorry, Jae! Because of me you're sick," Jeongguk pouted as Jaerin nodded and shook her head.

"I get sick so easily, Jeongguk. It's not your fault," Jaerin said as Jaerin suddenly let out a small oof when she was tackled in the ground by no other than Jimin,

"I'm so worried about you, Jae! Next time tell us when you're sick. You can lean on us," Jimin said with a smile as the latter smiled and nodded with a hum.

Jaerin smiled brightly as Jimin's words repeated on her mind,

You can lean on us.

© staerryniights
  — kookarchives