49

Draco tried to keep up with Lorelai's quick feet, but it was no use, he lost sight of her in the crowd

Draco tried to keep up with Lorelai's quick feet, but it was no use, he lost sight of her in the crowd. Neville and Ginny were the first people to make it onto the courtyard, they were the first to see the real reason the Death Eaters were approaching the castle. Up in the front was Voldemort, slythering next to him was the snake, the bloody snake that seemed nearly impossible to kill. Behind Voldemort was Hagrid, he was carrying something, a body, but nobody could see who it was yet.

"Who is that Hagrid's carrying?" Ginny asks. "Neville, who is it?"

By this time, half of the school had made it onto the courtyard. Lorelai was standing in the front next to her friends. Her eyes almost bulging out of her head when she manages to make out the figure laying limp in Hagrid's arms. It was Harry. Harry was dead, all of this was for nothing. They fought all throughout the night and to the early parts of the morning for nothing. Lives were lost and people were injured for nothing.

"Harry Potter, is dead!" Voldemort cheers.

"No! No!" Ginny shouts trying to run towards him but was held back by her father.

"Silence!" Voldemort shouts back. "Stupid girl. Harry Potter is dead. From this day forth, you put your faith in me."

Lorelai felt like she was about to throw up. Just the simple thought of having to live under Voldemort's rule for the rest of her life made her sick to her stomach. It was her worst nightmare and it was coming to life. The day just couldn't get any worst. Voldemort turns to his Death Eaters and repeats,  "Harry Potter is dead!" to which they all laugh in response, all instead of Narcissa Malfoy. Lucius smiles but it is quite obvious its strained. How can they be so vile to laugh at the death of a seventeen year old boy. How can so many people follow a man who had it as his main goal to kill a teenage boy. It was completely ridiculous.

"And now it's time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us, or die." He continues.

Lorelai starts looking in every direction to find Draco, she spots him standing firm in his spot, he wasn't going to go over to the dark side, he wasn't going over to his parents. She can't help but let out a faint smile. But her face quickly turned into a frown when she heard the raspy voice of his pathetic father calling out for him. Of course his father would call for him. He can't let his son be happy nor where he belongs not even for one second. He cares more about the Malfoy name and appearance more than he cares about his wife and son. He can't even see that he is as disposable to his Dark Lord as Harry is.

"Draco!" His father calls out. When Draco doesn't move he calls out again. "Draco."

But he didn't move, he stood firm. That was until his mother called him. "Draco, come."

Narcissa's voice was as calm as always, but it confused Lorelai as to why she was calling him. She cares about Draco, understands him and most importantly knows that he doesn't support Voldemort. Lorelai glances back at the torn boy, she can visibly see that his mind is racing a mile a minute. He looks around the courtyard looking for any sign for him to stay, but his only sign was Lorelai, she was the only one who cared enough about him. On the other side he also only had one person, he had his mum. How was he going to chose between the girl he loved and the woman who loved and cared for him since the very beginning of his life.