47

As Lorelai left Draco's side all she could feel was a nasty feeling in the pit of her stomach

As Lorelai left Draco's side all she could feel was a nasty feeling in the pit of her stomach. A feeling that made her want to throw up, a feeling that made her want to run back to Draco and stay in his arms until the war and suffering was over, but she couldn't. She had to swallow down that feeling because she had Death Eaters to defeat. She had thought several times of using the killing curse on them, it's what they deserved for killing and torturing so many innocent people, but she couldn't. As much as she wanted them dead, she didn't want to be the one to do it. Rumor has it, that when you kill, you feel a source of dark and powerful energy course through your body, that's why many wizards go bad. The dark power is too much for them to handle.

Harry, Ron, Lorelai and Hermione run down the stairs as fast as they can. They had to get to the boat house as fast as possible but they found it quite challenging having to dodge and send stuns every step of the way. One small slip and they could be dead. They haven't been in the courtyard since the war started and just the tought of passing through there made Lorelai sick to her stomach. It was where most of the fighting was taken place. Lorelai wasn't ready to see loved ones dead on the ground. As they reached a corner Harry had to stick his arm out to hold Lorelai and Hermione back, saving them from a flash of blinding green light. The killing curse. Harry stunned the Death Eater sending him flying off in the other direction and they continued to thr courtyard.

It was destroyed, fires everywhere, it was nearly impossible to avoid all of the spells zapping in the air, there were so many. There was a giant blocking their way, Lorelai thought that maybe they could creep past it but the giant turned around. He ran to them, ready to whack them with the giant prong looking object he held in his hands. They managed to hide behind a bell just in time. Lorelai couldn't hear a thing, the sound of the prong hitting against the bell gave her an exploding headache and a numb feeling in her ears, but she couldn't stop. She had to keep going. Getting up, she started to follow Harry nearly bumping into his back as he just stops running foward. A bunch of spiders came into view, the same spiders that tried killing them their second year, they quickly turned and ran the other direction while blocking the spells of others.

It was chaotic. Completely and utterly chaotic. They ran under the giant's legs to get to the other side of the courtyard, this time without being attacked as he was too busy whacking the prong at other students. A green light makes its way towards her and she manages to duck her head just in time. Not having time to turn back, she prays that it didn't hit anyone fighting for Hogwarts. They couldn't get past all of the Death Eaters so they had to go around all of the chaos, they had to go the long way. They jump over all of the fallen beams and Lorelai's heart nearly jumps out of her chest when she sees two bodies fall from the balcony overhead. As they reach the ground a grey blur that Lorelai took for an animal sped four-legged across the hall to sink it's teeth into the fallen.

"No!" Hermione shrieked.

She sends a spell in his direction sending him flying backwards from the feebly struggling body of Lavender Brown. He hit the marble banisters and struggled to return to his feet. Then, with a bright white flash and a crack, a crystal ball fell on top of his head, and he crumpled to the ground and did not move. Lorelai snapped her head up into the direction of the person who hit him in the head with the crystal ball just to see professor Trelawney. Lorelai sent a weak smile in her direction before continuing to the boat house. Poor, innocent Lavender was dead. The only bad thing she ever did was her constant gossiping in the girls dormitory, she didn't deserve to be killed then get her blood sucked by a bloody werewolf.