18

"Lorelai!" Was the first thing she heard when she entered the common room

"Lorelai!" Was the first thing she heard when she entered the common room. And guess what, it was from the person she least wanted to see or to talk to at the moment. She ignored him and kept on walking. "Please!" He begged, "I'm sorry." He reached his hand out to try and grab her arm.

"Don't touch me!" She shouted. "Don't speak to me, don't look at me, don't even breath next to me. What you did was despicable, even if you didn't know what the spell was for. You almost killed him!"

"He cursed Katie!"

"Don't try to blame this on him. You don't know anything, Harry. So I suggest you stop speaking to me before you are the next one in the Hospital Wing."

As Lorelai was climbing the stairs to her dormitory she heard him shout, "I got rid of the book." She stopped for a second on the stairs before continuing to her dormitory. She just wanted to take a shower and go to bed, and that's exactly what she did.

She didn't speak to anybody else that day, she went straight to bed, rage had blinded her. She couldn't fall asleep, but when she heard the door open she acted as if she was sleeping. Lorelai knew it was Hermione because all of the other beds were full. Hermione, being the brightest witch if her age, saw right through Lorelai's act. She knew right away that she was faking it.

"He feels terrible, Lore." She said. She waited a few seconds hoping that she would get an answer and when she didn't she added, "just thought you should know."

Lorelai knew that Harry never meant to actually hurt him but that didn't stop her from being furious at him. If it hadn't been Draco on the recieving side of the spell, she wouldn't have minded as much. Of course she would have scolded him, but she wouldn't push him away and tell him to not go near her. She knew that this was going to put a massive strain on her friendship with the group, but she couldn't think straight. The only thing she could think about was how Draco almost got killed because of Harry's stupidity.

Tomorrow morning she wanted to avoid Harry as much as possible. She would go down for breakfast earlier than usual, get something for Draco to eat and then spend the rest of her free time before class with him im the Hospital Wing. She hoped Harry would respect her wishes and avoid her at all costs because she didn't feel like telling him off again. No more that ten minutes after Hermione entered the dormitory, Lorelai fell asleep.

————————

The next morning, Lorelai wasn't feeling any different. She still couldn't bear the idea of coming face to face with Harry Potter. Groaning, she rolled out of bed and went to the bathroom, dreading the day ahead of her. She noticed that Hermione's bed was already empty and assumed that she was purposely avoiding her. She didn't mind though, she wanted to be alone. Slowly, she got ready for the long morning of classes. Skipping classes was an idea that didn't leave her mind. If she could, she would skip classes and spend the day with Draco, but she liked school too much to skip any class.