44

Lorelai sits alone in the corner of the room supporting her head with her arms as if it would fall off if she didn't

Lorelai sits alone in the corner of the room supporting her head with her arms as if it would fall off if she didn't. She was watching everybody frantically put on their robes and leave the only safe place in the wizarding world. The Room of Requirement. And she was desperately waiting for the arrival of the Order knowing very well that she would see her father and brother for the first time in ages. They only now discovered that she was alive, they spent this entire time thinking that she was dead or being held hostage, she can't even begin to imagine all of the pain they must have gone through. Her father had already lost his wife, he thought he lost his daughter too.

Hermione takes a seat next to Lorelai. So close that she is almost on her lap. She says nothing, she doesn't need to say anything to confort her best friend. Her presence is enough to calm Lorelai down. Hermione rests her head on her shoulder and they just sit there while the wait for the Order. The Room of Requirement was empty by now. The only people in it were the trio, Neville and Dean. Harry had gone off with the others, he was mixed into the Gryffindor crowd.

Ron, Neville and Dean takes a seat next to Hermione. "They should be here any minute now." He says. He too was anxious to see his family. He knew his mum, dad and brothers would be among the people that were coming. He was without a doubt going to get yelled at by his mum for leaving without saying goodbye. If not now, then after the war. Their thoughts were broken by the sound of the portrait opening. Lorelai jumps up and slowly approaches the portrait.

Remus is the first to come out. Tonks wasn't with him, she was at home with her mum watching the baby. Arthur is the next person go jump out, extending a hand for Molly. Followed by the twins, Bill and Fleur. Ron sucks in a breath as he waits for his family to notice him, and when they finally do, Molly runs up to her son, tears streaming down her face. Kinglsey comes out next and Lorelai could feel her heart crack open. That was until she sees her father climbing down the ladder, followed by Jacob.

"D-dad?" She stutters. Edward's head snaps up at hearing her voice as they make eye contact. His eyes swelling with tears. Lorelai runs up to him jumping into a hug.

"Oh, Lorelai, you're alive! You're okay. Oh my sweet, sweet, little girl. Oh how I've missed you."

Next to them, her brother stood with a couple of tears streaming down his face. He tried his best to hold them in, but he couldn't. He was relieved that she was alive. Lorelai lets go of her father and turns to her brother. "You've gotten uglier." She jokes, wiping her tears away before amiling and hugging him to which he responds immediately.

"I'm glad you are all alive, but where's Harry?" Kinglsey asks.

"He went with the others." Neville answers.

"Must he always act without thinking?" Remus sighs. "Is he trying to get himself killed?"

"We best get to him before he's found out." Molly suggests earning a nod from everybody.