17

The next morning, Lorelai, Ron, Harry and Hermione avoided sitting at their table in the Great Hall for breakfast recieving harsh glares from Lavender

The next morning, Lorelai, Ron, Harry and Hermione avoided sitting at their table in the Great Hall for breakfast recieving harsh glares from Lavender. Ron stared back at her while Hermione read the Daily Prophet. Harry and Lorelai's backs were faced towards the girl but that didn't stop them from knowing she was glaring at them. Nobody spoke about Ron's break up with Lavender. Instead they spoke about how Slughorn had cancelled his Valentines Day Party.

Ron kept on staring at Lavender and got so flustered it started to snow on top of him. "Stop it, Ron. You're making it snow." Hermione said.

"Tell me how I broke up with Lavender?" Ron asked.

Hermione glanced at Harry and Lorelai, "Um, well, s-she came to visit you in the hospital. And you talked. I don't believe it was a particularly long conversation."

"Don't get me wrong, I'm bloody thrilled to be shot of her. It's just, she seems a bit put out." Ron said. As he said this, the quartet all turned their heads to look at the girls. She looked distraught. She was grabbing her spoon with so much force that her knuckles had turned white.

"Yes, she does, doesn't she?" Hermione answers. She couldn't help but show a small smirk on her face. "You say you don't remember anything from that night?"

The smirk is wiped straight off of Hermione's face, "Anything at all?"

"There is something" Ron says, Lorelai glances at Hermione. "But it can't be. I was completely boggled wasn't I?"

"Right, boggled." Hermione mumbles, her heart breaking once again.

The quartet sits in silence. Harry continued to read the Half-Blood Prince's potion book until Hermione broke the silence. "Harry!" She whispers. "That's Katie. Katie Bell."

They all look to where Hermione was looking and lo and behold, there was Katie Bell surrounded by a group of her friends. Harry closes his book and walks up to Katie. Lorelai rushes behind him to prevent him from mentioning Draco.

"Katie." He says when he reaches her. "How are you?"

"I know you're going to ask, Harry, but I don't know who cursed me." She said. "I've been trying to remember, honestly, but I just can't."

All of a sudden she starts to stare directly behind Harry making both him and Lorelai turn their heads. She was staring directly at Draco, who was frozen in place. Panic written all over his face, eyes wide. His eyes flicker from Harry, to Lorelai, to Katie and back to Lorelai.

"Stay here, Lore." Harry says before rushing out of the Great Hall.

Lorelai turns back to Katie and places her hand on her arm. "I'm glad you're okay." She says before running after Harry.

She had a bad feeling about this, Harry suspected Draco and he was blinded by hate, he was going to do something stupid, no doubt about that. She struggled to run after him. She followed Harry and Draco up the stairs to the sixth floor, she noticed that the bird cage that previously held two birds was empty, but she didn't pay much attention to it, she kept on following the boys. Both Harry and Draco went into the boy's bathroom. She stood hidden at the door not wanting to be seen. She could hear Draco sobbing from the inside. Her heart broke for him.