23

The next few weeks passed by quickly but they were the worst

The next few weeks passed by quickly but they were the worst. After her Potions exam she had Charms, which luckily for her, she excelled at. Then there was the Astronomy final exam at midnight, which in Lorelai's opinion, was the worst since she was Draco's partner and he was avoiding her. Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology and Arithmancy went rather well. As did History of Magic, even though it is the most boring discipline. Lastly, as always, Transfiguration and Ancient Runes were the most difficult. She had passed her Apparition exam with flying colors, after all, it was rather simple. Hufflepuff Susan Bones was the only one to get splinched.

"Today is the day." Harry told his friends as he held the piece of rolled up parchment containing the grades of his final exams in his hands, as did his three friends. He wasn't talking about his grades, he was talking about his mission with Dumbledore. Although he didn't want to admit it, he was terrified.

Lorelai unrolled the piece of parchment and took a look at her grades. She let out a small sigh of relief when she saw that she had gotten straight O's, she was one step closer to becoming an Auror. She tilted her head to the side to take a peak at Hermione's parchment, she had also gotten all O's except for one. There was an E next to Transfiguration. Ron also got acceptable grades, not having failed any exam. His lowest grade was an A in Potions which was already expected, he is dead awful at Potions. Harry had gotten an O on every discipline except for a few.

"Hermione is the Room of Requirement unplottable?" Harry suddenly asked making Lorelai's face go pale. He had figured it out.

"If one wants it to be, why?"

"Well then that would explain why I thought Malfoy was leaving the castle when he disappeared off the map. He was just going to the Room of Requirement." Harry answered.

"Of course." She says, "and then that would explain the Vanishing Cabinet as well."

"I got an owl from dad this morning, the one in Borgin and Burke's is still there." Ron pipes in.

"No, I'm telling you I saw it." Harry says pausing for a moment to think. "What if there are two vanishing cabinets?"

"What if there are?" Lorelai asks dreading to know the answer.

"I don't know."  Harry answered as they entered the courtyard.

"Good luck, mate." Ron says.

"I don't need luck, I'll be with Dumbledore." He answered before walking away.

The sky was getting dark and chills ran through Lorelai's body. There was a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach that she couldn't shake off. The trio headed to their Common Room in silence, all three of them worrying about Harry. He could die, Dumbledore could die. The last day of school was everything but cheerful for the trio who anxiously awaited their best friend and headmaster. Lorelai had to speak with Draco, she couldn't handle the distance anymore, all that was going on was too much for her. Opening the Marauders Map she saw him dissapear off. Luckily for her, nor Ron nor Hermione saw it. Taking the map with her, she told them she had to have a word with professor McGonagall and made her way out to seek Draco.