19

Lorelai left the Hospital Wing furious

Lorelai left the Hospital Wing furious. Lately that is all she has been feeling, furious at everything and everyone. Her patience was gone and just the smallest thing that normally wouldn't annoy anyone, annoyed her to the max. Harry was probably in the Common Room so that is the first place she went to. Not feeling in the mood to go on a scavenger hunt around the castle for him, she hoped he was in the Common Room, and to her luck, he was. Harry Potter was sitting on the floor on front of the fire alone. In his hands were a pack of Drooble's Best Blowing Gum and he looked miserable.

"Oi, Harry, can we maybe, umm... talk for a bit?" She asks scratching the back of her head. Lorelai was a very prideful person so something as simple as apologizing didn't come that easy to her.

"Lore! Yes, of course!" He said automatically jumping up, surprised that she was even looking at him.

After hesitating for a few moment she opened her mouth. "I'm sorry. It wasn't your fault, you didn't know." She lowered her head and looked to the ground, biting the insides of her cheeks.

"No! Don't apologize, you had every reason to be mad at me." Harry said. Lorelai was about to open her mouth, but Harry cut her off, "He is your boyfriend, right? It's normal you care for him."

Her mouth gaped open, so much for trying and keep a secret. "He isn't my boyfriend, Harry. We are just... friends." He raised his eyebrows at the girl. "Friends who care deeply about eachother."

"But, I mean, he's Malfoy. He's a right foul git."

"He's actually not that bad once you get to know him, and he's good to me."

"Well do you know if he is a Death Eater?" Harry asks.

"Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me right now!" She shouts, "Enough with the bloody Death Eater talk for fuck's sake, Harry! You nearly kill him and you are still convinced he is one of them?"

Lorelai had always been good at lying, and it pained her to be lying to all of her friends about Draco, but she had no other choice. She felt terrible. Her friends would do anything for her, they would even risk their lives for her, and her she was, hiding a crucial piece of information from them that could not only save Harry himself, but Albus Dumbledore. Not to mention that she would also be saving the school from being over ruled by Death Eaters. If she hadn't asked to be in Gryffindor, she would have been in Slytherin. After all, she was probably more cunning that all of the Slytherins combined, that's why lying to her closest friends came so easy to her.

"Sorry! Relax, Lore." He answered, clearly believing what she said. Who wouldn't? She was the best at it. "I believe you."

But you shouldn't, she thought.

"Good, you have no reasons not to." Another lie. "I guess I'll see you at dinner."

"Yeah, yeah, see you."