Chapter 55

I slowly roll over in bed and let my eyes adjust to the bright sunlight seeping through the window. As I roll all the way over I come face to face with Jake, in a deep deep sleep. I forgot that he practically broke in the middle of the night.

He was laying there so peacefully, actually with some drool dried to his face. I missed my bestfriend.

I try to get out of bed as quietly as possible so I don't wake him up, but that didn't work out very well. As I stepped onto the ground i stepped a heel.

"Ow!" I yip and hold my foot.

"What?" Jake says. I turn my head and he groans. "Why'd you wake me up?" He asks.

"I didn't mean to." I reply. "I stepped on my shoe."

"Of course you did." He chuckles and rolls back over in bed.

I grab my phone and see a text from Colby.

Colby: Wanna hang out later?

I smile and bite my lip.

Me: of course i do.

"Jake get up." I slap his back.

"Ow!!!" He rubs where I hit him and pouts. "Why?"

"Because I'm going to get ready soon!" I laugh as I walk towards the bathroom.

"So?" He shoves his face back in the pillow.

"Whatever." I shake my head. "I'm going to take a quick shower."

He swats his hand away at me as I close the door.

After my shower I dry myself off and wrap one towel around my body and the other around my head. I open the door and see Jake in the same exact spot.

"Are you still alive?" I laugh.

Jake groans, meaning yes.

I shuffle through my closet and the clothes in my dresser to find an outfit for the day.

Maybe I should ask Colby what he wants to do so I can base my outfit around that. I grab my phone and see a text from him.

Colby: Want me to pick you up?

Me: sure! did you have any plans?

He responds almost immediately.

Colby: Exploring???

I smile.

Me: sounds perfect

Colby: Alright I'll text you when i'm on my way 🖤

Me: ok! 🖤

Now that I know what my plans for the day are, I begin picking out my outfit.

"Where are you goin looking like that?" Jake asks

"Oh you're still here?" I say sarcastically. "I'm going exploring with Colby."

"Exploring?" He asks.

"Yeah, I don't know where, he just said that's what he wanted to do." I say as I apply some chapstick.

"Damn, Colby never really likes taking anyone exploring except Sam, Corey and I." Jake says and sits up.

"Is someone jealous?" I smile and sit next to him.

"No." He says.

I squint at him. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." He smiles.

"You don't seem okay." I reply.

"I am, trust me." He looks at me, differently than usual.

"Honestly?" I raise an eyebrow.

He sighs. "Fuck."

"Jake you're kind of freaking me out."

"I'm just nervous."

"Nervous? Why?" I scoot closer to him.

"Remember when you said you were nervous that you were going to lose me to Tara?" He asks.

"Yeah?" I say slowly.

"Well, I don't want to lose you." He says, looking at his lap.

I sigh. "Jake." He looks at me. "If I was so worried about losing you, don't you think I'd be cautious about you losing me?"

He smiles slightly. "I guess."

"You guess?" I roll my eyes playfully. "You're not going to lose me. Is this about me exploring with Colby?"

He nods his head a little bit. "Maybe I'm a little bit jealous."

"Don't be." I laugh. "I could never compare to you, Sam, or Corey."

"Colby really likes you, Kendall." He says. "I think he likes you more than you think."

"What makes you say that?" I ask, curious.

"I think you'll know what I mean." He says, standing up. "I should probably head home."

I stand up after him and give him a big hug.

"Sorry for breaking into your apartment last night." He says.

"Break in anytime you want." I reply.

"Bye, love you!" He says before leaving.

"Love you too Jake." I smile as he closes the door.

I sit back down on my bed and sigh. I can't believe Jake would think he would lose me. Is it obvious? Am I already doing it and not even realizing it? I can't be. Right?