Chapter 23

Colby POV

"Colby come watch this movie with us." Corey motions me over to the couch where I see Sam, Adriana, and Zoe.

Where's Jake and Kendall?

I sit down in a chair next to the couch.

"What are you guys watching?" I ask.

"We're watching The Shallows." Adriana says, hiding behind a pillow.

"Why would you watch that when you're staying at the beach?" I ask, laughing.

"Ask Sam." Corey points at him and Sam shrugs his shoulders.

"Why not?" Sam laughs.

I try watching the movie but it doesn't interest me at all so I pull out my phone and scroll through Instagram.

The picture of Kendall popped up.

Damn she's so pretty.

So naturally, I decide to lightly stalk her instagram page. And by lightly I mean, I went way back. Don't judge me we've all done it!

I'm scrolling through and looking at pictures of her, her friends, all the places she's visited, etc. Until I stumble upon a picture in particular. I furrow my eyebrows and tap on the picture.

Kendall had told me about her previous boyfriend, and she looks so comfortable and happy in this picture

Kendall had told me about her previous boyfriend, and she looks so comfortable and happy in this picture. I don't understand how anyone could do that to her.

Listen to me, I'm such a hypocrite, I fucking cheated on Riley.

Just then, Jake walks in the room.

"What are you guys watching?" He sits down on the couch in between Corey and Sam.

"The Shallows." Zoe replies. Her and Adriana, still hiding behind pillows.

"Where's Kendall?" I ask suddenly. Jake looks at me.

"She's out on the front porch." He says.

I nod slowly, wait a couple of minutes, then stand up.

I walk to the front door and open it, looking out to my right I see Kendall sitting there.

"Hey." I say. She jumps a little, making me smile, and looks over at me.

"Hey." She replies.

"Umm Kendall." I close the door and make my way over to her. "I need to talk to you."

She nods her head.

"What's up?" She smiles, not like her usual smile though

My heart starts racing. She looks at me with her chocolate brown eyes, waiting for a response.

"I want to apologize." I say.

Her eyes get wide and she tilts her head. "For what?"

"I shouldn't have came onto you." I say. "I lied to you."

"You're still with Riley aren't you." She says. I look down at my hands and then back at her.

I nod my head. "That's why I'm sorry."

She shakes her head.

"I told you about my past." She says. "But you totally ignored it."

"I know."

"Do you?"

She crosses her arms.

"Yes I do. Kendall. I just really like you, but Riley did nothing wrong."

"Don't break up with her." She says.

"I'm not going to." I reply.

"Good." She unfolds her arms and stands up. "I don't want to ruin our friendship over this, but Colby.."

I look up at her again. "Yeah?"

"We can't be together or do anything that implies it." I wince at her words, but she's right.

I nod my head. "Agreed."

"Okay good." She holds out her hand. "Let's go inside."

I grab it and stand up with her. Her eyes gaze towards mine and she weakly smiles.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

Nodding my head slowly, she embraces me in a warm hug.

I take in this moment and hug her back, because who knows when I'll be able to do this again.