Chapter 29

"We're going out to a bar that's all!" I follow Zoe into her apartment.

"I don't feel like going on a double date though." I pout as I flop onto her couch.

"Please please please." She gets on her knees in front of me and begs.

"Zoe I really don't feel like it, I don't even know the date I would be meeting with." I sigh.

"That's why you'll have Corey and I!" She smiles.

"I don't know Zoe."

"Please, for me." She pouts with her puppy dog eyes.

"Fine." I give in.

"YAY!" She jumps up and grabs my arms. "Go get ready!! And look sexy." She pushes me out of her apartment, smacks my butt, and shuts the door, leaving me speechless in the hallway.

I shake off what happened and slowly go to my apartment to get ready.

Usually my showers are quick, but since I'm not looking forward to what I'm getting ready for, it's slow and lazy.

I get out of the shower and end up wearing;

Just as I'm finished getting ready, I hear a knock at my door

I walk over and look through the peephole, seeing Zoe standing there.

"Hey girl." I open the door and she smiles.

"Oh my gosh you look so sexy." She squeals.

"Me?? Look at you!" I examine Zoe's outfit and she really does look amazing;

"I actually feel underdressed." I look down at my own outfit.

"Don't be silly you look amazing, now c'mon our uber is going to be here in-" She looks down at her phone. "2 minutes!"

I grab my bag, phone, and keys and head downstairs with Zoe.

"I can't believe you're going on a date with Corey." I chuckle.

"Me neither honestly." She laughs as well. "But he's so sweet and hot and funny and ugh I don't know."

The elevator doors open and we head out front.

"There he is." Zoe points at the black Acura coming our way.

"Zoe?" She asks as she walks over to the window.

He nods is head and we get in.

The whole drive over, I can't help but wonder what the guy i'm meeting is like.

I wish I was just sitting on my couch watching the Office with a box of cheezits instead.

After about a ten minute drive, we pull up to the front of the bar.

"Thank you!" Zoe and I say at the same time, and walk inside.

"There's Corey." She points over to a table in the corner of the room. I follow her over to the table.

"Hi!" Corey stands up and hugs Zoe and I.

"Kendall this is Mike, Mike this is Kendall." I look over at the guy sitting next to Corey and shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you." He says.

"Nice to meet you too." I smile.

Not going to lie he is really attractive. His hair is a nice light brown color and the tattoos on his arms catch my eye.

"So how have you been Kendall?" Corey asks me.

"I've been pretty good," My eyes drift from Corey to Mike, who hasn't looked away from me since I sat down.

"Jake's told me that you guys finally hung out the other day." He says.

"Yes we did, finally." I smile. "But he's been the only one i've seen since the trip so it's definitely nice to see you."

"Well it's nice to see you again too honestly, gets kind of boring hanging out with Zoe all the time." Corey jokes.

Zoe gasps and slaps his shoulder.

"Kidding!" He laughs. "But honestly, going on scary trips with Sam and Colby all the time gets annoying, so getting out and doing stuff is nice."

"They always ask me to go do that stuff with them, I always say no." Mike says.

"Is it really that scary?" Zoe asks.

"Yes yes yes," Corey says.

"Maybe I'll have to check it out sometime then." She says. "Kendall will come with me."

All three of them look right at me.

I stare at them for a second, deciding how I should change the subject.

"I'm thirsty." I smile.

"Me too, want to get something at the bar?" Mike stands up.

"Sure." I nod my head and stand up with him.

The crowd of people within the bar had grown tremendously to the point where it looked like we couldn't get through.

Mike turns to me.

"It's so busy!" I practically yell over the music and everyone talking. He smirks and then grabs my wrist. He quickly pulls me through the large group of people, and gently might I add, till we finally reach the bar.

"Wow." I laugh.

"You just gotta squeeze your way through." He sits down next to me.

"Seems like you've been in this type of situation before." I smile.

"Maybe once or twice." He smiles.

"What can I get you two tonight?" The bartender approaches us.

"Let's just start off with some shots, Smirnoff?" He winks at me and I can immediately feel my cheeks slightly flush. I hope he doesn't notice the redness to my face.

"Sounds good to me." I reply, looking from Mike to the bartender who smiles and gets us our drinks.

Seconds later he hands us our shot glasses and fills them.

"To, meeting new people." He holds up his glass for a cheers. I roll my eyes playfully at the cornyness of it.

"To meeting new people." I repeat, before we both throw back the burning liquid into our throats.