Chapter 50

"You wanted to talk?" Jake says as he jumps on to my couch next to me. He shoves a handful of popcorn into his mouth and looks at me.

"Yeah, I did." I smile at his sweet face. It had been about 3 days since my girls night with Devyn, Kat, and Xephyr. The three of them convinced me to do what Kat had suggested, confront Jake about how I  was feeling. I knew it was going to be hard and probably awkward, but I knew deep down it had to be done.

Just as he's about to put a handful of popcorn into his mouth he stops. He slowly lowers his hand and looks at me differently.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah I'm totally fine!" I smile.

"Honestly?" His eyes become softer.

We haven't said 'honestly' to each other in a long time, hearing him say it made my heart warm.

"Well, honestly, I'm nervous."

"Nervous?" He asks, "Why?"

I look down at my hands and then back at Jake.

"Now you're making me nervous." He scoots closer to me. "Kendall,"

"Yeah?"

"Are you...?" He looks down at my stomach.

It takes me a minute but then I catch on to what he's hinting.

"Oh my god Jake no!" I laugh. "It's not that bad."

"Ok good, wow, you scared the shit out of me." He holds his chest and takes a deep breath. "I'd have to beat the crap out of Colby."

I shake my head and take a deep breath.

"I'm just nervous because, I don't want to lose you."

He raises an eyebrow. "I'm confused."

I groan. "Why is this so hard?"

"What??" He grabs my hand. I look down at it and my heart flutters.

"I'm nervous to lose you because of Tara." I say. "I like Tara and you guys seem really happy but I'm nervous to lose you as the bestest friend I've ever had."

Jake stares at me, he doesn't say a word.

"Say something." I avoid eye contact. "This is awkward now."

"Kendall." He lifts my chin with his finger so I'm looking at him. "You'll never ever lose me. Never."

I can feel my eyes wanting to fill with tears.

"You're my bestfriend, I love you. I don't want you to feel like you're not wanted or that you'll lose me." He continues.

The hand he was putting under my chin, he used to wipe a stray tear away.

"Thank you Jake," I smile weakly. Even though I may be crying, my body felt like a thousand pounds had been lifted off my chest.

He hugs me slowly and softly. I wrap my arms around him and listen to his breathing.

"I got you." He whispers.

His words melted along my body. I could feel every muscle in my body loosen and my eyes flutter closed. The slow movement of his hand along my back makes me feel so safe and secure.

"Listen," He lifts me up, holding me by the shoulders, and looking in my eyes. "Sam and Colby are going to be home soon, they wanted me to pick them up at the airport. Want to come with me?"

I nod my head. "I'll buy you taco bell."

He smiles and embraces me into one more small hug. "Honestly?"

"Honestly."