Chapter 27

"It was so amazing meeting you guys." Sam said as he engulfed me into a warm hug.

"It really was, you guys made the trip 10 times better than if it was just the three of us." Zoe said, motioning to me & Adriana.

"Well we all live in La so we should just hang out then." Jake smiles.

"I'm down." Says Adriana.

I look over at Colby and he's just texting away at his phone. He barely looked up at all the entire time.

I walk over to him to give him my last hug out of the group.

"Bye Colby." I say. He looks up with an almost expressionless look on his face.

"Oh yeah, bye Kendall." He gives me a quick and meaningless hug.

He looks back down at his phone, leaving me standing there awkwardly.

Before my anger gets the best of me, I turn around and head to the car.

I look back and see Colby giving Adriana a nice hug with a smile on his face. 

What the hell has gotten into him?

Adriana and Zoe make there way to the car.

"Did you say goodbye to Colby?" Zoe asks me.

"Kind of." I mumble. We honk the horn at the boys before leaving the beach house.

—————————

After a long drive, we finally make it back to La.

The three of us live in the same apartment building but not in the same apartment. So we go our separate ways to our individual homes.

Once I get inside I literally drop all my bags and crash onto the couch.

My mind starts wandering. Of course, I start thinking about Colby.

Was he mad at me? After all that we been through on this trip I would've expected something a little more meaningful of a goodbye.

The sound of my phone whisks me out of my thoughts as I lazily reach for it.

It's true, Jake and I had so many one on one conversations that I really enjoyed

It's true, Jake and I had so many one on one conversations that I really enjoyed. I wish Colby was more enthusiastic about our friendship like Jake is.

As I lay there, thinking about the trip, and already having withdrawals, my eyes slowly and heavily close.