Chapter 40

I jump out of bed quickly, Jake was coming over today. All he said was he wanted to "talk". I have no idea what that means and honestly I'm scared. Does he want to talk about yesterday? With Colby? I wonder what Colby told Jake after I left.

Also, I seriously need to get Colby to delete all that footage.

My mind was racing so fast I didn't notice the pile on clothes on the ground. I tripped over it and ate shit.

"Ooh fuck." I groan. I roll over on my back and sigh. I'm really overthinking everything. I just need to calm down.

I slowly get up and take a nice hot shower. I dry myself off and wear;

A knock on my door makes me jump as I apply the last bit of my mascara

I slowly walk over to it and look through the peephole. There is Jake, standing there.

I open it and put on the biggest smile I can.

"Hey Jake!" I hug him and surprisingly he hugs me back.

"Hey Kendall." He says.

"Come in." He follows me inside and into the living room. "So what's up?"

He sits next to me on the couch.

"Just.." He squints at me. "Are you nervous?"

Oh god. Can he tell? Maybe it's the sweat on my brow and upper lip that gives it away, duh.

"No." I lie, "Why would I be nervous? What did you want to talk about?"

"Just about yesterday."

"What do you mean?" I fiddle my fingers slightly.

"We're you and Colby only filming a video?"

"Yes, the yoga challenge." I smile.

"You're not lying to me are you?" He looks at me, in a longing way.

"I'm not lying to you Jake."

He sighs. He knows I'm probably lying, and he's trying to make me feel guilty. It's working.

"Okay, well, I have to go." He says, "I just wanted to hear it from you, about what happened."

He stands up. "And I know you wouldn't lie, Colby would."

I look down at my hands and then back at Jake.

"Wish me luck!" He walks towards the door. I stand up and start following him.

"For what?" I cross my arms.