Chapter 51

Jake and I pull up to the pick up area of the airport, crunch wraps in hand.

"I don't understand how you can put the hot sauce on it, I like the mild." Jake says, looking at me as he parks the car.

"You're just a baby." I say.

"That and I'm white." He says, causing me to laugh.

"Bro I'm white too, you can be white and like hot sauce." I compose myself after spilling some lettuce in my lap.

Jake smiles and looks down at his lap at his phone.

"They're coming out right now." Jake says, I follow his eyes looking out to the sliding doors leading out from the airport building.

"Do you miss Colby?" Jakes voice asks me.

"Of course I do." I smile. "I bet you miss them more though."

"Probably." He laughs. "There they are."

I look over to the doors and see them walking out and spotting us. Jake and I get out of the car to help them with bags.

Colbys eyes meet mine and he rolls them sarcastically. I engulf him in a huge warm hug.

"I missed you," He muffles into my ear through my hair as his arms wrap around my waist.

"Ugh I missed you more," I close my eyes and take in the moment.

"I missed you too Kendall." I hear Sam's voice from next to us.

"Sam! I missed you too, don't worry." I smile and hug him too.

"Okay let's get in the car, that police officer over there is staring at us." Sam says.

"Let him stare." Colby says as he wraps his arm around me.

"C'mon, Jake and I got you guys taco bell." I say as I slap Colbys stomach.

"Ouu!" Sam squeals and hops in the backseat, with Colby right behind him. I get in the front seat and look behind me at the boys trying to get comfortable.

"Here you gooo." Jake hands Colby his Taco Bell and I hand Sam's his.

"Holy shit this smells so good." Sam's eyes roll back in his head.

Jake begins driving away, pretty abruptly might I add.

"Jake watch it!" Colby yelps. "I almost dropped my burrito!"

"Don't drop anything in my car!" Jake looks at them through the rear view mirror.

"It's not like your car is a mess already." Sam pipes up.

"What the." Jake says, causing me to laugh. I mean Sam's not wrong, Jake's car is kind of a mess.

"So how was the trip?" I finally ask.

"It was..." Sam puts his finger on his chin.

"Interesting." Colby finishes.

"How so?" I ask.

"You'll just have to wait for the video." Sam smiles.

"Wait, so you're actually not going to tell me anything?" I scoff.

"They always do that." Jake says. "Any trip that Corey and I don't go on with them, they keep it a secret so we have to watch their video."

"Wow." I roll my eyes playfully. "We're your bestfriends though."

"Which means there's no problem waiting for the video, right?" Colby winks at me.

I shake my head slightly.

"I guess there's no problem." I say. "So how long exactly do I have to wait for this video?"

"I don't know." Sam says. "We have to review the footage and edit it and hype it up on social media for a while."

"Sheesh." I look at the two of them sitting there with burritos in hand.

"Yeah." Colby says. "It's a process, but we like it."

"That's what matters." I reply.

All of a sudden the whole car jolts sharply.

"Jake!" I hold on to anything I can get ahold of.

"Sorry." He says. "I almost missed the turn."

"Well you're about to be real mad Jake." I turn around and see Sam's burrito all over the floor of the car.

"Sam!!!" Jake yells when he sees all the beans and meat all over the floor and behind my seat.

I can't help but laugh. Not only at Jake's frustration, but at Sam's pouty face.

I look at Colby, who's also laughing hysterically. He looks up at me and our eye contact is instant. His warm smile relieves tension I didn't even know I had in my shoulders. He winks at me before helping Sam pick up the remainder of his poor Taco Bell.