Chapter 21

Riley inspired by Isabelle Mathers

Colby POV

"Bro What are you doing?" Sam asks me sternly as Kendall walks away and out of sight.

"What?" I ask. I really don't want to be having this conversation now... or ever.

"Dude you can't be doing this kind of stuff with Kendall when you're still with Riley."

"I told kendall I broke up with Riley though." I wince.

"That makes you look and sound worse than you ever have." Sam groans. "I love you man, but this girl, she's cool."

I look down at my lap and splash a bit of water.

"Plus, she's not an idiot, she'll find out soon enough." Corey pipes in.

"I can't break up with Riley though, for no reason." I sigh. "But I really like Kendall, she gets me excited!"

"Don't you get that way with Riley?" Sam asks.

"Yeah but, not the same."

It's true, Kendall gives off this attitude and confidence that I'm so attracted to. Riley, she used to be like that.

I lied to Kendall about how Riley and I are in our relationship. There is nothing wrong with us at all, and she's great, but Riley has just become sort of distant.

I don't know how to explain it, but Kendall does get me excited, to do things, like I can do whatever I want.

"Colby?" Sans voice makes me jump.

"Yeah what." I reply, not hearing what he said.

"You need to tell kendall the truth, or stop doing things with her."

I nod my head. Sams right, if I do like Kendall, I shouldn't be messing with her feelings or lying to her.

"We're all leaving to go back home soon, you need to talk to Riley when we get back." Sam puts his hand on my shoulder. I nod my head.

Sams always right.

Kendall POV

I flop on my bed and grab my phone, casually scrolling through Instagram.

As I'm looking through the comments on my most recent picture, I notice one that catches my attention.

Tell Colby to call me.

I look at the username, reading, rileyyposley.

Automatically, I assume that it's Colby's ex-girlfriend Riley. I click on her profile and see all of her pictures. She's so pretty.

I scroll through and see one of her and Colby, making me smile, but then making me frown.

If Colby and Riley broke up, wouldn't she have deleted this picture? Maybe she misses him

If Colby and Riley broke up, wouldn't she have deleted this picture? Maybe she misses him. Maybe.... they didn't break up.