Chapter 53

"Where's the party again?" I hold my cellphone up to my ear with my shoulder and hold up a pair of jeans.

"Do you know Kian and Jc?" Kat asks over the line.

"The names sound familiar, I think I actually do." I reply.

"Well the party's at their house." She says. "Want me to pick you up?"

"You always drive! I feel bad! I can pick you up and then you can guide me?" I laugh.

"Sure!" She laughs with me. "Sam and Colby will be at my apartment soon so we'll all get a ride with you."

"Sounds good! What time should I be there?" I throw another pair of pants on my bed.

"The party doesn't start until 7:30 sooooo," I hear some rustling before she continues her sentence. "Probably around 6:30?"

"Perfect, I'll text you when I'm on my way." I say.

"Okay! Bye!"

"Bye!" I hang up and plug my phone in on my nightstand charger.

"Now, what to wear?" I put my finger on my chin before grabbing different potential outfits.

After about an hour of indecisiveness, I pick out my outfit. Thankfully I had already showered so all I needed to do was change and do my hair and makeup.

I grab my phone off the nightstand check the time

I grab my phone off the nightstand check the time. 6:00, perfect! I text Kat, letting her know I'm on my way over.

I grab my last few odds and ends before heading out the door.

"I'm excited, I haven't partied in a while." Kat says from behind my seat.

"Same!" I exclaim. I feel Colby squeeze my hand a little tighter, creating a grin to form on my face. The last real party I went to was for Bryce's bday, where Colby and I had become official.

"Knowing Kian and Jc, this party is going to be really fun." Sam says.

"How so?" I ask.

"They're like, cool dads." He says. "They like to party but are also responsible when it comes to how crazy it gets, it's a chill environment for friends to get together."

"That sounds fun, thankfully you guys will be there." I say. "I won't really know anyone else."

"I'm pretty sure Jake is going with Tara." Kat says.

"Oh good!" I smile. I wish he had come with us, but I understand.

"Take this right turn here." Colby says. I do as I'm told and take the right.

"This is a cute neighborhood." I admire all the houses and lots of trees planted on the sidewalks.

"This is it!" Colby points to a house with a wooden gate. I park along the street in front.

We all get out of the car and make our way up to the door.

"Why is there a giant box?" I point to the obviously placed clear box sitting in their front yard.

"Oh it was a challenge they did." Jay explains. "They put people in the box to see how long they'd be able to stay, last one standing would win $10,000."

"Whoa really???" My jaw drops.

"Yeah, Sam and Colby did it!" Kat crosses her arms.

"Did you guys win?" I ask.

I notice Sam look at Colby slightly.

"I'll take that as a no." I cover my mouth with my hand to contain my laughter.

"It was hard!" Sam exclaims. "There were 7 of us in there."

"Hopefully they do a girl version." Colby says.

"Would you do it if they did?" I point to Kat.

"No way." She says. "Would you?"

"For $10,000?? Hell yeah!" I throw my hands in the air. "I think I could win too."

"I'll be sure to mention that to the headmasters." Colby nudges me just as we reach the door.

Instead of knocking, Sam opens the door and we filter through.

Not too many people are there yet, but just by walking in, you can tell they're expecting more.

"Sam and Colby!" A shorter guy with super curly hair comes up to us.

"Hey!" They all hug and rekindle.

"This is Kendall." Colby lightly puts his hand on the small of my back.

"Hi! I'm Jc," He holds out his hand.

"Kendall." I smile and shake it.

"Make yourselves at home, drinks are in coolers out back, there's a ping pong tournament and a beer pong tournament as well." He says,

"If we play beer pong I want Kendall on my team." Sam says.

"What!" Kat pouts.

"No way she's on my team." Colby pulls my back into his chest and wraps his arms around me.

"Sorry babe, she's just really fucking good." Sam says. "We can play against them."

"Oohhh competition." Kat rubs her hands together mischievously.

"Damn, maybe I want Kendall on my team!" Jc laughs.

There's a loud crash that comes just from the kitchen.

"Brb." Jc makes his way over to the loud noise.

"You guys wanna go out back?" Colby asks. We all nod our heads. I lace my fingers with Colbys and follow him to the backyard.

The first thing I notice is the big pool.

"I'm going in that later." I say.

"I'll join you." Kat laughs.

"Hey Colby!" A boy with brown hair and squinty eyes approaches us (tbh i miss crawfords brown hair) along with another guy with curly blonde hair.

"Hey Crawford, Corey (rest in peace my angel)!" Colby hugs them and they hug Sam as well.

"This is Kendall." Colby introduces me.

"Ahh I recognize you from the video you guys posted." Corey says.

"Yup, that's me! Kendall." I smile.

"Are you guys down for a round?" Crawford points to the table, where a game of beer pong is taking place.

"Of course." Colby laughs.

"Alright you guys are up next." Crawford smiles.

"Are you guys ready to go down?" I say to Kat and Sam.

"No I think you're ready to go down!" Kat points at me and laughs.

"Careful Kat, this is a good team here." Sam says about Colby and I.

I look up at Colby and give him a celebratory high five.

Sam pulls his phone out of his pocket and frowns.

"What is it?" Kat asks.

"Jake might not make it tonight. He and Tara are doing something else." He looks up at me after saying that.

I frown, I really wanted to see my bestfriend. I just hope it's not going to be like that, all the time. He promised.