Chapter 10

After a successful shopping trip, the girls and I start heading back to the house when I get a text from Sam.

That's weird. What would he need to talk about?

We drive home and when we get home I see the boys' car is gone.

"Wonder where they went?" Adriana asks.

"I have no idea." I reply. We walk inside with all of our shopping bags in hands. Sitting in the living room is Sam & Jake.

"Hey guys." I say. "Where's Colby and Corey?"

"They just went for a little drive to explore." Says Jake.

"Hey Kendall." Says Sam standing up. Making me a little nervous. He nods his head to the back door. Assuming he wants to go outside to talk.

I follow him out and he closes the door.

"Umm is everything ok?" I ask.

"So I was talking with Colby earlier." He says. I nod my head.

"Okay?" I say.

"He told me that you guys kissed." He says.

My heart skips a beat.

"Umm yeah but it wasn't a big deal." I reply.

His eyes squint. "Not a big deal?" He asks. "So you don't think of it as anything?"

"Not really." I say. I mean it's true. Colby is extremely attractive and whatever but I barely know the guy, it was an in the moment kind of thing.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"Yes why?" I cross my arms and my heart starts beating fast again.

"I just want to make sure nothing more was happening." He says sighing with what seems like relief.

"No nothing is going on, but if there was, why would you be asking me about it?" I'm curious as to why Sam is so interested.

"Well, I probably shouldn't tell you, well actually maybe I should." He puts his fingers on his chin and makes a duck face while thinking.

"Sam tell me what?"

He shrugs his shoulders. "Colby has a girlfriend back at home."

I'm taken aback when those words roll off Sams tongue.

"He does?" I ask. "That's weird he didn't say anything about that."

"I didn't think he would." Sam crosses his arms.

"But he asked me if I had a boyfriend yesterday." I say.

"Maybe he wanted to know before he came onto you." He laughs a little. "Smart right? You can't blame him."

I shrug my shoulders. "I guess you're right."

"Just don't tell Colby I told you this, okay?" He puts his hands on my shoulders. I nod my head in agreement.

He nods his head back and we go inside again.

As if on cue, Colby and Corey walk in the house.

"Hey guys." Colby says. I look at him and all of a sudden I see him a little differently than I did before.

Now that I know he has a girlfriend, I think about what happened yesterday and it makes me want to hurl. I can't believe he came onto me when he has a girlfriend, he cheated on her.. with me!! The thought of it made me nauseous.

"Kendall are you okay?" Colby starts walking over to me, noticing that I may not look super great in this moment.

"Oh yeah I'm fine." I lie. "I'm just going to go change." I weakly smile and push past him to go upstairs. I go into my room and close the door. I immediately take off my clothes to get air flow.

"I can't believe he has a girlfriend." I whisper to myself.

Not that I like Colby at all, but, now I can't see him as anything other than a cheater.

A cheater. I fucking hate cheaters.

Colby Brock is for some reason now very unattractive in so many ways and it makes me sick.