Fifty three

VOTE AND COMMENT!

Melissa

I can't keep my legs from feeling like jelly as they bounce up and down as my hands fight against each other.

"Melissa Spence, Mr Smith is now ready to see you." The elderly receptionist informs me.

I nervously get up holding my folder full of references and resume which took me over three hours to put together.

I have been jobless for around three months and I shouldn't be replying on my parents anymore or when I was living with him, he spent a lot on me along with all the living expenses and payed off my college loan which I was so disapproval of but I didn't know and I hate thinking he payed off so much for me. My parents think I was working in New York to pay it off and would die if I told them what he did for me.

"Melissa! Please take a seat."

I knock myself out of my thoughts as my attention snaps to a very familiar face, I stare rather rudely with eyes as wide as a dear who has been struck by headlights.

"Smith?" I ask even though I know the answer.

"Congratulations you have the job. Please take a seat" He smiles.

I slowly sit on the seat still confused, "You haven't even seen my resume?"

"Melissa anyone who knows you would know that having you would be an asset to there company." He places his hand on the desk.

"W-wha- b-but aren't you working for him." I stumble on my words not really sure how to place my words.

"I am but he wanted me to have a more stable job since he moved back home and doesn't want to expand his work load anymore." He explains.

"Oh."

"So when can you start?" He asks eagerly.

"Smith don't you think this is really quick hiring me on the spot?" I ask him

"Melissa like I said before it's an asset to have you on my team." He restates.

So I got nervous and put in hours doing my resume and references for nothing?

"So what will I be doing?"

"You will obviously be out with very highly with my team in finance and helping them out."

"I can start when ever you want me too." I tell him.

"Great! I'll show you to your office."

"Office?" I ask shocked again.

This day feels like a dream. Maybe because I haven't had something good happen to me in a long time.

"Yes you need to be working in the best conditions!" He gushes.

"I feel like this is a dream" I say honestly.

He places his hands on my shoulders and looks at me, "Mel you out of all people deserve this. I've seen how great you work and how hard it's been for you."

"Thank you Smith, not just for the job but believing in me and being there for me when I needed you."

He is probably the only person that has never judged my relationship with Cameron.

"Let's check out your office!" He tells me as he opens the door wide and waits for me to go out first.

I thank him as he strikes up another conversation, "So how did it go down when Cameron showed up?"

I look up at him concussed, "What do you mean?" I ask him.

Smith stops walking and looks at me raising his brow in the process, "When Cameron showed up to the airport."