Thirty eight

Melissa

I lift up the boiling cup to my lips and take a sip of the green infused tea, it's warm which sets the colour back to my lips. Cameron's on the phone making his last arrangements for his trip which I have a bad feeling about, I can't describe how I feel because I don't know what I'm feeling.

"I'm leaving in about half hour" Cameron tells me standing in front of me pulling himself in between my legs.

"Ok" I mutter bringing the cup to my lips again so I don't have to talk much about it.

"Don't sulk" he frowns lifting my chin up slowly so my face is in line with his.

"I just don't have a good feeling Cam." I tell him.

"There is nothing to worry about okay? you have Smith and I can take care of myself." He kisses my lips for a quick second before he pulls away with a smile.

"I'm going to miss you" I mutter as I play with the hem of his shirt.

"Well your going to have to get used to it..." he tells me and I can't be mad at him because he is right.

"Why does this keep happening to us?" I ask him in a hushed tone as he hugs me.

"Maybe because we are both so similar plus circumstances don't cooperate with us" he whispers in my ear pulling away.

"I don't want you to be around Jack while I'm gone okay?"

"Why?" I ask him.

"Just don't okay, I don't really trust the kid." I nod and follow what ever his saying mostly because I don't know who I can and can't trust anymore.

"It's 5 I should be going" he tells me looking down at his wrist to his golden watch.

"Be safe okay?" I lecture and he nods reaching down to my lips as he connects them and kisses me passionately for about a while until there is a knock at the door.

"That would be Smith, now I really have to go" he tells me pulling away.

"Call me everyday?"

"I will baby I'll call you when I land, love you." He gives me a quick kiss on the forehead before walking out the door.

I have about 2 hours since I have to be ready for my first class which gives me a bit or extra time to have a little more of a sleep.

.

There is a knock at the door at 7:45 I hesitate to open it but when I see Smiths large frame in the whole in the door I relax and open it ready with my bags.

"Cameron told me to come at seven thirty but I know that you leave so you can get coffee and be on time so I got it for you already." He tells me reaching his hand out with a large takeaway cup in his hand.

"You are a lifesaver Smith" I hug taking it out of his hands and taking a long smell of the steaming sent.

"In more ways than coffee Mel" he smiles, "but I won't be one if I can't get you to where you need to be on time. Now let's go."

I follow him to the elevator then the car and enjoy the muffin that came with my coffee, I love morning like this.

In a matter of eye blinks later, I find myself lying my head on the desk as I patiently wait for class to start, I've been slacking in all my work that I don't even remember how to do anything. I went from being on the top to the bottom in a matter of no time.

"Listening up thanks" the professors voice booms through the auditorium.

I snap my head up and try to listen carefully at each thing she is talking about but I find my mind drifting to other random subjects.