Fifty one

Cameron

I sit in my car for a good half an hour debating what my next actions would be and where I want to be.

I can't help but think of her beautiful face that is driving me to fucking insanity, how did this all happen so quickly.

Why couldn't I just grab my order and rush out of that snobby cafe and lie in bed feeling sorry for myself as I punished everyone around me.

I did it because I fucking love her more than I can even admit, and to be quite honest that fucking scares me.

Before I can't even process what I'm doing I've started the car begins to drive down the streets as I dial her number.

"Hi it's Melissa sorry I can't take your call right now but I promise to speak to you soon, bye."

It goes straight to voicemail, great.

I keep calling but the same thing keeps happening so I take a quick turn into the street she lives in.

I hate this part of town. It's surrounded by crime and drug influences and to be frank it frightens me, even if nothing does ever. I can't believe that sick coverup of a 'boyfriend' let her be exposed to this all and live in this filth.

I climb up the flight of stairs taking two steps at a time. I feel some type of adrenaline as I do so, struggling to what I am going to do or say when I see her and admit all my built up feelings.

When I arrive at her place the door is left wide open and I can see the blinds being whipped around by the wind.

"Melissa.." I call out putting my foot in the apartment and looking around.

There seems to be nothing left in here except for leaves that have flown through the window.

Has she eloped? Fuck.

I kick the cabinet of the kitchen vigorously, that nerd can fix it himself when he comes back.

When enter a room that I presume is theirs my thoughts change when I see the bed perfectly made that she would of had to do over a couple of times, his side of the wardrobe had a couple of clothes still remaining while hers was willed out and as I walked over to the dresser I saw an empty photo frame with a ripped photo in front.

As I picked it up I saw the most beautiful smiling face whilst the other side was one of the gorillas from planet of the apes.

I walked back into the living room and started pacing around, I've lost my mind for sure.

This time I can see myself storming out the second I thought they ran away together or realising that she isn't her so I can give up.

I'm thinking rationally and making reasonable decisions which might get my somewhere.

The only option I have left is to collect information from the people she trust most.

"Hello?" Dylan's cracked up morning tone sounds through the phone.

"Is Mia there?" I ask desperately sounding crazed.

"Yeah she is. Whats wrong is everything okay?" He replies and I can imagine him sitting up with his elbows supporting his weight by the sounds I hear over the phone.

"I just need to ask her a damn question!" I snap at him my patience growing thin.

"Okay! Just calm the fuck down." He groans.

"It's Cameron, he wants to talk to you, probably about Mel." I hear him say, smart little fucker he is.

"Tell him I can't talk." she whispers but I can still eat her.