Thirty seven

Melissa

"Would you like to go for coffee?" Jack asks me as we walk down the stairs.

I look around for Smith but cant find him as I wonder how I'm going to get home.

"I would love to but I have so much work to do and besides Cameron is waiting at home for me" I remind him hoping a friendly reminder of a pissed off Cameron is sketched in his mind.

"I'm sure he wont mind.." he mutters.

Before I can think of another excuse I see Cameron standing at the bottom of the stairs leaning on the old brick wall in his suit pants and dress shirt as always but with another addition I havent seen in a long time a cigarette in between his lips. All eyes are on him gawking at his relaxed but sexy appearence which has a lump hitching in my throat.

His eyes scan the surroundings not noticing any of the attention he has drawn to himself, his eyes finally land on mine within seconds but this whole ordeal has lasted seconds but they feel like minutes.

I almost forget that I'm mad at him.

The cigarette is crushed under his black dress shoes as he lets out one more puff of smoke out of his mouth which has me weak in the knees, he keeps full eye contact on me with a small smile taht twitches his lips up but when he is steps in front of us and notices Jacks presence it all changes.

"Hey baby" he greets giving me a teasing peck on the lips hooking one of his arms around my waist crashing me towards him.

"Jack" he agknowledges his presence with a small nod which Jack returns.

"Would you like to come with me for a second?" Cameron asks Jack nodding his head to the empty area to the side of us.

I cant stand to see Jacks face as he follows Cameron away.

I take a seat on the steps and just wait, I cant hear anything of what they are saying to eachother but what ever is happening it looks as if Cameron is doing all the talking and Jack is listening but moments later things seemed to be getting heated as Cameron digs his finger into Jacks chest and his hands fly in the air yelling back.

I suprise myself as I let them talk about what ever they are discussing I'm sick of trying to fix things and I think it has worked once I hear Cameron tells him "I will kill you if I find out."

I look at Cameron confussed as he approaches me and grabs a hold of my wrist as he pulls me off and drags me to the car and opens the passenger seat for me as he gets in the drivers seat sppeding down to the direction of his place.

"Well that was some threat.." I try to humour the tense tension.

"Don't" he warns sending me a killer stare.

"Your so agressive.." I mummble as I look out the window.

"I thought Smith was meant to be looking after me anyway" I tell him but he doesnt speak to me as he drives through a red light.

"I thought I would be a gentleman and pick my girlfriend from college after we left off this morning on a bad notw but then I see her with a guy who wants to get in her panties" his voice snaps.

"Why start now?" I snort at his attept to try and be 'caring' by picking me up from college thats the biggest bullshit I have ever heard from him, he is just scared that with out his constant eye over me I will run off and join the circus.

"You want me to change but your making it very hard for me." he says under his breath as we pull into the underground carpark and he pulls into a space not even caring if he is in the middle of the lines.