nineteen

Melissa's POV

"Come in" Mia greets me in her tight embrace as I walk through their house it's massive and daunting.

"What happened?" She asks grabbing onto my shoulders as she pulls away looking at me with a worried expression.

"I just need a break" I pull a fake smile and she nods stepping to the side.

"Where is Dylan?" I ask looking around the empty house.

"He is coming back later tonight, he was up in New York yesterday visiting Cameron for some business."

I pray for both their sakes that his business doesn't consist of Cameron's 'side business deals'.

"How far are you?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"I'm just over 8 months" she claps happily and I can't help but smile.

"Still Savannah?" I ask at Cameron's odd choice of a name, I thought he would pick more of a white girl name.

"Yes" she nods looking at the floor awkwardly.

"What is it?" I ask her and she shakes her head. "Its nothing, would you like a coffee?" I drop the suspicious topic and follow her to what I presume is the kitchen.

Mia pours us both some fancy tea that taste to organic to be in my system but I suck it up and sit with her in the backyard that's when I spot a large oak tree and I forget where I am for a moment. It reminds me of football camp all those months ago when I was so helplessly in love with him, who am I kidding I still am and as much as I try to deny it I need him for my salvation.

"Mel!" Mia yells and I look over to her dazed.

"Are you okay?" She asks and the feeling takes over and I let it out crying uncontrollably.

"Oh honey." She frowns throwing her arms over me. "What has that mother fuvker done to you?" She aks herself pulling my hair away from my eyes and I start to sob even more, the more I let it out the slighter it becomes to open up.

"Did he physically hurt you?" I shake my head, Cameron has a bad or should I say terrible temper but he will never hurt me unless you count mentally.

"He does bad illegal things that I can't handle being in." I tell her and she doesn't look surprised.I haven't spoken to Mia and so long and talking to her and getting it all out makes me feel better.

"He told you?" She asks slightly shocked and I nod as I wipe away the tears. She knows..?

"About Magcon he told you?" She asks me again noticing my confused silence and I nod slowly.

"Did you talk about it?" She questions me.

"I followed him to where ever he was going they caught me and Cameron sent me home with Jack but before he could come back I came here" I rush through the whole ordeal.

"Jack? like Jack hot amazing smile Jack?" She asks shocked. "I knew I've seen that kid around" she says in a duh tone piecing the puzzle together.

"Did you let him explain?"

"Sort of, he wasn't acting himself and I was scared so I left."

"Mel you can't always run away from your problems" she frowns.

"I was just so confused" I tell her and she gives me an apologetic smile.

"Wanna watch a movie with heaps of junk food?" She asks.

"Heaps and heaps of chocolate"

We decide to watch 'Remember Me' and I regret it once the water works return back not only for the story line but my own issues that I can relate to.