Fourty nine

Put this on replay of the whole chapter, Fly Before You Fall by Cynthia Erivo.

Melissa

Have you ever wanted something taht you know you possibly couldn't have? Maybe it was a lifestye of a princess or a celebrity you could never ever have. Do you remember that anguish felt and if you ever thought of it it would hurt you painfully, doesn't it? That feeling of that specific possesion that could make you the most happiest and accmplish person you could ever be. Then it hits you. You could possibly never be able to have it, either its you holding yourself back or there is something blocking it from you. You'll cry and then be mad but you find a way to move on becasue its been so pushed t the back of your mind taht the little things over power.

"Thank you for coming."

My attention then focuses on where I am and I wipe away quicklyt the tear that has fallen and then look o my right where Cameron is seated with a concerned look on his face and I smile at him.

"Mel are you okay?" he asks worry marks creasing his forhead.

I nod my head and lift my lips up into what I can manage as a smile.

"Don't lie to me.." he begs, and I have to pull my bottom lip between my teeth and look anywhere but his worry filled eyes.

"Talk to me Melissa." he places his hand over mine and I have to pull mine away, I simply cant stand the security and warmth I feel.

The car stops and when I take a glamce out the window I can see my apartment block Smith get sout of the car and stands outside, I grab the bottom of my long dress and open the door and race up the long flight of stairs to my apartment. My feet ache as I reach my door and my makeup proabably all smugged, I wipe under my eyes and open the door.

I hope Josh is asleep as I creep through the door but he is in fact the opposite as he sits on the couch with the TV off and a infamous beer bottle in the grip of his hands.

"How was your date?" he questions me with a smirk across his lips as he take a skull of the alcahol.

I ignore him as I unclasp my jewellery and take my shoes off.

"That dress looks like it would of cost a lot, to much for you to afford."

I walk over to him and snatch the bottle out of his hands and walk to the trash and throw it out as I make my way to our room.

I cant talk to him when he is like this, his to drunk to even mean what he says.

"Come back here bitch I was talking to you." he snaps and I turn around shocked with his disrespect towards me.

"What?"

"You heard me, we talked about this before and you keep going back to him Melissa! How does it make me feel when you run off with your ex lover and be a date to some fucking place with him?" he shouts.

I dont know what to say to him and feel some part responsible for his abnormal emotions.

"I'm tired babe can we please stop this and go to bed" I ask him trying to use a softer tone.

"Fuck no!" he shouts so loud that Im scared the neighbours have heard us.

"Let me take you to bed." I encourage as I step closer to him my heart beating with every foot I put forward.

"Your dress is a little revealing dont you think?" he asks me as he looks at me like I am filth.

I wrap my arms around myself as he continues his shouts, "You dont let me near you but you want the world to see your body and flaunt everything infront of him."