Thirty

Cameron

I stay silent for the rest of the trip back home because I honestly have nothing to say to her, I'm in shock and mostly angry because I don't know what to do.

"Why are we here?" She asks once we pull into the drive way shocked as she bends over to get a better view of the house.

"Just follow me" I mutter as I get out of the car and walk towards the door. She follows behind keeping her small belongings close to her chest.

I knock on the door well more like bang, "I'm coming!" Melissa's voice fills my ears from the other side of the door and I have this weird sense of ease.

The door flies open as she smiles when she sees me but once her eyes land besides me she looks confused but hides it with a smile, "Melissa this is Sutton, Sutton this is Melissa." I introduce as we walk through the doors.

"Wow your house is massive!" Sutton expresses looking around with wide eyes.

Melissa just stares at her as Sutton walks around and I try to keep my anger at ease.

Dylan comes down the stairs with a smiley Savannah in hand, "Let's go open pres-" he stops when he notices us and Sutton smiles up at him.

"Dylan!" She gushes as she makes her way over to him and wraps her arms around him, his a bit taken back looking at me with wide eyes.

"You don't remember me?" She frowns as Joanne makes her way into the room.

"I'm Joanne. You must be?" she asks approaching us.

"Sutton Anderson" her voice is the one that send shivers down my spine and gives me night mares.

"Sutton?" Dylan looks over shocked as he hugs her tight.

"I've missed you so much!" She cries and I huff out loud annoyed.

"Cameron.." Dylan pulls away from her and looks at me.

"Cameron?" Sutton questions as her filthy eyes land on me and Dylan nods.

"But you have changed, your hair is different." She shakes her head as she comes closer to me.

"Don't fuvking touch me!" I raise my voice putting my hands in front of me.

"I've missed you so much the both of you!"

"You fucking left us!" I yell and Melissa takes a step back from me

"I know I did but it was for your own good, I loved you boys so much!" Tears stream down her face but her little act doesn't have me fooled.

"Don't feed us that bullshit because we all know that your a coward and only cared about yourself!" I scream.

"I know I was a horrible sister but I want to make it up to you!" Her voice cracks.

"Your not my sister and you will never be!" I spit out as I storm up the stairs and hear foot steps following mine I know it's her. Without thinking I knocking over a vase letting it all smash into pieces across the floor.

Out of all days she had to come today when I finally started to appreciate what amazing life I have and why family actually means but it just had to take another fucking turn.

I sit on the bed and hold my head in my hands pulling at my hair and scream.

Melissa bends and kneels in front of me and places her hands on my knees sending a familiar warmth that I crave more of. I take my hands away and look at her my hand tracing over her check as her fingers drag along the bags of my eyes, I don't cry but I know for a fact that they are bloodshot and glassy.