Thirty three

Melissa

I feel the muscles in Cameron's hand tighten around my fingers as he pulls me closer once the words leave Sutton's mouth.

"Go to the car and stay there" Cameron tells me and I shake my head.

"Who's Mark?" I ask looking up to his eyes but they don't meet mine occupied with a thought that he has in his mind.

"Melissa I don't need this right now can you just follow my fucking instructions!" He snaps at me holding a cold hard glare.

"Why do I have to go if Sutton is staying?" I argue being as difficult as I can and I can tell but Cameron's breathing is increasing along and his patience with me is running short.

"Melissa I swear tha-"

"Cameron long time no see!" A voice interrupts Cameron and he turns around.

He looks shocked for a moment but covers it up with a emotionless face as he brings me behind him closer his grip on my arm almost causing a stop of my circulation.

"Mark" The words leave Cam's mouth with a displeasing expression.

"Who's this?" Mark asks peering behind Cameron.

Cameron reluctantly leads my hand in front of him so I'm standing next to Cameron, he gives me a small nod telling me it's okay but I know on the inside he isn't doing so well.

"Melissa" I answer with a small smile trying not to be rude but as his eyes rake over my body I feel uncomfortable and I can hear Cameron groan behind me.

"What a stunning name and pretty girl you are, I'm Mark" he tells me introducing himself. He is tall and looks to be in his late twenties or early thirties and has a smirk plastered onto his face.

I look around for Sutton but he has seemed to have disappeared.

"Where is your sister?" Mark asks Cameron his head tilted to the side.

"You know I haven't seen her in years" Cameron lies.

"Don't fuck with me Dallas I saw you with the stupid bitch."

Cameron lets go of my hand and stands up close to Mark with his fists clenched besides him.

"Don't you fucking talk about her like that!" Cameron says through gritted teeth.

"She was a terrible fuck anyway it was worth the beating she got every ni-"

Cameron cuts off his recount when his fist collides with Marks check and I cover my mouth in shock.

"Is that all you got Dallas?" Mark presses egging Cameron on and I know it's coming to a point where Cam won't be able to stop.

Cameron throws another hit and Mark doesn't seem phased and let's them continue to come. Mark beings to laugh at some points which drives Cameron to make his throws harder.

The people around begin to escape the area and go outside where the DJ is probably used to this behaviour.

There are only a few people that are standing around like Taylor, Chase and Cameron's high school group but them seem to be doing nothing.

Without thinking I get in the way Of the two guys, "Move Melissa" Cameron manages to say through his clenched teeth.

"Cameron lets go please!" I beg him looking at him with pleading eyes that he always falls for but as his eyes look to mine that hold the old cold glare he used to hold.

"Oh I'm surprised you have managed to keep a girl" Mark laughs and I can't help but to agree with him.

"Says the boy who abuses women!" I point out defending Cam and I.