Chapter 119: First! First For All!

He intuitively turned to the next page.

To his surprise, the three long questions on the second page were filled too. He'd practically memorized all the answers on the first page.

But this was the first script he saw that had all answers on the second page filled. He held the answer key on one hand while marking the script against it.

"Mr. Gao, is this... Xu Yaoguang from your class?" Mr. Xu, who was marking the paper, exclaimed as he held the script out to Gao Yang. "I haven't taken a look at the multiple-choice questions, but the heavy-weight questions at the back are all correct. Take a look."

The paper set by Hou Delong was too difficult. They could only differentiate the geniuses from the rest in First Middle School.

It was impossible to differentiate between the average and the really poor students.

They thought about it and felt that only Xu Yaoguang who'd represented Heng Chuan First Middle School in Mathematics competitions could possibly have completed this script.

"Xu Yaoguang?" Gao Yang turned his way curiously. "Full marks for the long questions?"

He'd seen the paper before that. The last question set by Hou Delong was definitely a competition question and the sort that would appear as ultimatums in those competitions.

If Xu Yaoguang had learned that in his classes before, then it was possible that he did it.

But Mr. Gao shook his head when he took the script and looked at it. "This isn't Xu Yaoguang's handwriting."

The script was very neat.

And the words seemed to be written very slowly and leisurely.

Xu Yaoguang's handwriting was more similar to the other students. They were all a little cursive. This sort of neatness was not characteristic of Xu Yaoguang.

"Then it's got to be Pan Mingyue. She has the potential too. I remember she failed the Mathematics paper when she first came here." The rest of the teachers began discussing too.

But some of them had finished marking their set of scripts.

The highest mark so far was 86 marks, and Gao Yang confirmed that it was Xu Yaoguang's.

The only full-marks script was left there.

Over time, some teachers became evidently distressed as they doubted their teaching skills. Their students were scoring 30 to 40 marks. But when they saw this full-mark paper, they were more motivated to go on marking.

The Mathematics teacher of the First Class was more than happy.

**

Over at the hospital, Qin Ran had no idea that the whole group of teachers was discussing her script.

It was a Sunday afternoon, so only Grandma was in the hospital.

The healthcare worker wheeled her downstairs.

Ning Qing and Ning Wei came over yesterday, but none of them was around now.

Qin Ran took over the wheelchair and wheeled Chen Shulan around.

"How was your examination today?" Chen Shulan spoke slowly and gently.

Qin Ran wheeled her towards a group of children playing around. "Alright."

Chen Shulan nodded. "That's good. Don't get too near them, I don't want to infect them or anything."

Qin Ran wanted to tell her that her organs were deteriorating due to age, not because of any illness. What was there to infect them with?