Chapter 65: Do You Really Think I'm Easy To Bully

The man looked down at his watch and chuckled lightly. "It's nine, I'm on time."

He sat down and opened the document on the table. Then, he looked at the judge and said very politely, "You can start."

The Xu family had hired a middle-aged lawyer with framed glasses and an aggressive appearance.

But the young man in front was smiling, clean and gentle. His every movement brought calmness and even a sort of elegance as if he was a celebrity.

He didn't really have the Xu family's lawyer's imposing aura.

The middle-aged lawyer presented the evidence and spoke eloquently. He fought for Xu Shen and kept going back to the point that Xu Shen was injured.

The young man put his hand on his file and only occasionally looked up at the middle-aged lawyer. He looked gentlemanly and had no obvious change in his expression.

He kept silent.

The middle-aged lawyer presented a series of dossiers, each of them very organized.

He spoke until his throat was dry. After he finished, he drank a glass of water and nodded to the judge. "Judge, my statement is finished."

Ning Qing stared at the young man closely, feeling uncertainty in her heart.

Why didn't the young man say a word?

Wasn't he Qin Ran's lawyer?

Why didn't he dispute and argue against him?

He was still so young, could he be just a quack?

She was still thinking about this when the young man finally stood up. He didn't present the information and just smiled first. "Under the special authorization of Ms. Qin, I will act as the litigation agent to participate in the court proceedings. Before that, I will read in detail with regard to the case materials. I have three questions to put forth to the other party.

"Firstly, according to the provisions of the law, those who have committed murder, homicide, robbery, kidnapping, and other violent crimes that seriously endanger the safety of the victim, or causes unlawful infringement of the casualty, are not entitled to excessive self-defense. Hence, the excessive self-defense that the other party has raised up does not hold.

"Secondly...

"Thirdly..."

The young man had clear arguments, sufficient evidence, clear organization, and refined language.

There seemed to be an obvious magical power that attracted everyone, even Lin Wan, without any traces.

His wording was compact and his structure cautious. It was clear he had done his homework.

The middle-aged lawyer couldn't find a place to interrupt nor rebut and was sweating from the top of his forehead.

"Mr. Honorable Judge, I believe that you will be able to conclude that this is the most rigorous and grave accusation." The young man smiled slightly.

In less than twenty minutes of his speech, he had led the jury to watch a big show.

The lawyer on the opposite side was simply stunned by his statement.

Not to mention the jury.

This lawsuit ended very quickly.

Lin Wan was still in a daze.

The middle-aged lawyer stood up from his table and stared at the slightly familiar face of the young man. "Excuse me, you... you are..."

"Beijing's Junfan Law Firm's Qi Chengjun." The young man gathered his documents and spoke elegantly.