Chapter 19: Hidden Number

Qin Ran was sitting on the toilet lid with her fingers around the black headphone cord.

The cubicle door was closed.

There was the sound of messy footsteps outside the door. Suddenly, a girl in a school uniform opened the door.

She was shocked.

She didn't expect a person to be sitting on the toilet lid. Her gaze was unrestrained, her expression icily arrogant, and she had her lips curled up heedlessly. Under the dim light from the small window in the cubicle, her face looked extremely delicate.

When she saw the door open, she raised an eyebrow at her, ostentatious and sharp.

"I'm... I'm sorry!" The girl's face was a little red. She closed the door and opened another cubicle.

The expression on Qin Ran's face didn't change.

She had set a price ten times higher than the market price because she didn't want to accept any order. Never mind that someone had tried to order from her before, but now, some idiot even offered five times her price.

She cursed and continued talking in a rush. Even if there were other students in the bathroom, she didn't know what holding back was.

The impatience in her voice could be heard through the voice changer.

The person on the other side didn't dare to say a word.

She hung up the phone directly.

Qin Ran put the phone back in her pocket, the headphones still hanging on her ears. The black headphone cord dangled from the side of her face, making her face appear whiter.

She washed her hands slowly and went out.

For self-study in the evening, she went with Lin Siran.

Qiao Sheng was just a few steps away, and he even occasionally called Qin Ran and Lin Siran.

Xu Yaoguang walked beside him holding two books, looking down the corridor with an indifferent expression.

"Xu Yaoguang is too cold. He ignores everyone except Qiao Sheng and Qin Yu." Lin Siran gossiped with Qin Ran.

Qin Ran took off her earphones slowly without speaking.

Now that self-study was dismissed, there were a lot of people walking outside. Qin Ran had managed to avoid the peak period, so everyone was rushing to leave and there weren't many people in the corridor now.

Qin Yu held a book and waited at the entrance of the stairs.

Qin Ran and Lin Siran passed by her. She lowered her voice and said in a volume only the two of them could hear, "Go to En Yu Grand Hotel tomorrow night at 6 o'clock. Mother's relatives are coming."

She didn't make any extra movements but had a feeling of supremacy in her voice.

Qin Ran put one hand in her pocket and narrowed her eyes slightly.

She didn't slow down.

Qin Yu saw that her expression hadn't changed much and was even a little cold, so she continued to say, "Aunt will go tomorrow too."

At this moment, Qin Ran reacted. She stuck her hand in her pocket and turned to look at her slightly. She said "okay" lightly.

The two talked for less than three seconds and passed by each other.

Even Lin Siran didn't hear the conversation between the two.

"Let's go." Lin Siran heard Qin Yu say to Xu Yaoguang with a smile.