Chapter 112: You're Actually a Middle School Student?

Qin Ran did not have many contacts saved on her cell phone. Chen Shulan's doctor's number was the first on the list.

When she received the call, her mind began buzzing. She did not even have the time to explain herself as she left the class.

She ran in the rain and arrived with water dripping off her hair.

"Medicine, that's what we need." The doctor took a step back subconsciously. "We initially thought that we could use another substitute medication, but your grandma's heart condition deteriorated just now. That's when we realized that she's resistant to the other medication."

The Lin family and Qin Ran paid up a lot of money.

So the doctor had been using the CNS medication that was still being researched on in the laboratories. It hadn't even been given an official medical name beyond its symbol "CNS".

They were out of the medication yesterday, so he used a substitute. Who would've known that Chen Shulan was so averse to other medicine?

"There is stock in the capital, but it'd take three days for the procedures to be done and all." Lin Jinxuan looked at Qin Ran and pursed his lips.

Qin Ran thought. "Three days..."

"I can only guarantee her life for five hours. We need the CNS in five hours, or we can transfer Ms. Chen to a hospital in the capital. They have the resources, but the risk is that she might be infected during the transfer." A distance away, a few doctors came over and gave a conclusion after much discussion.

Ning Qing, who had been sitting right outside the anti-bacterial room, finally snapped back to her senses. "Then let's contact the hospital in the capital!"

"No!" Qin Ran refused without hesitation.

Ning Qing, Ning Wei, Lin Jinxuan, and the other people in the hallway looked at her in shock.

Qin Ran slowly looked up. Her eyes were red and deep beyond measure. Her hair was all over her face from running in the rain, and her expression was as dark as the rainclouds.

"Grandma cannot go to the capital!" Qin Ran scanned their faces one by one as she made her statement.

Lin Jinxuan thought for a bit but couldn't think of another solution.

He did not expect Qin Ran to be against this decision.

Ning Qing was stunned. "What are you saying? If she doesn't go to the capital, we're going to watch her die here in Yun Cheng."

"Shut up! She won't die." Qin Ran turned away. "Doctor, I'm counting on you for the next five hours."

The doctor-in-charge looked at Qin Ran.

Qin Ran always looked so casual and easygoing. But now that she was cold and distant, those eyes looked deep and even scary.

"Then, after the five hours, the patient..." One of the other doctors spoke.

But the doctor-in-charge interrupted and said, "We can only keep her alive for the next five hours. Beyond that, it's out of our control."

Qin Ran reached for her cell phone in her pocket. "I know."

"No, Doctor. Don't listen to her. She doesn't know anything! We're going to the capital." Ning Qing was extremely anxious.

The doctor handed an indemnity form for Qin Ran to sign.

Qin Ran skimmed through it, found that it was alright, and signed on it.

The doctor-in-charge took it back and said to Ning Qing apologetically, "Ms. Lin, before Ms. Chen fell into an unconscious state, she'd appointed Miss Qin as her first contact. We have to take Miss Qin's word for it."