True Story: Sad Dancers on Wattpad

*Warning: This may be a bit too harsh for you.*

The title above doesn't mean anything literal to me.

It is metaphorical, pertaining to certain people in our world, showing what they're showing through their masks. They're asking for help, yet no one wants to answer.

Or maybe they can't talk to the people who care, for various reasons.

One of them... is because of Wattpad itself.

Truth be told, I've been active on Wattpad for two years, and I have seen a lot of changes, be they good or bad. I've won friends, and I've lost them. I've grown close to some, and I've become distant to others. 

It has become a great and amazing solace for me during this pandemic, and I find great pleasure in all of you, in all the friends I have made during this #stayhome notion. I'm glad that I made friends with each and every one of you. I'm also glad for all the amazing authors whose books I read, and the new fandoms I have fallen into, since they have made my life much less boring. 

But at the same time, I can't help but feel disappointed in some people. 

Why? Because some of them have hurt my friends. 

I think by now, we all know about the security breach that happened here. We also know that they can tell us about Wattys 2020, but they can't brief us on our accounts being breached. 

It's worrying, to be honest. A lot of people come on this platform to read, find friends, or just write. It's meant to be a safe place for everyone to tell their story. 

Yet what happens instead? 

People make stories that are just plain horrible, great stories are pulled down just because they don't share the same views, fights happens, bonds break, and our privacy is breached. Not to mention all the Paid updates. 

It was better when we didn't have to pay for everything. If you wanted a way to make money, you could have given it to actual publishing companies. 

It feels painful to me to see what Wattpad has become. I posted my stories here to become a better writer, and yet this is what I'm greeted with. 

Ambassadors, Wattpad, can't you understand how we the users feel? I'm honestly not sure what to feel about you anymore. 

I remember when a community I was on was suddenly deleted out of nowhere. It broke my heart, and we had to pull ourselves together from there. 

It hurt very much. 

Then we have all the toxicity going on here. 

People leave Wattpad because they can't handle it at times. Some may even end up doing something reckless, and we'll only find out too late. 

One notable person is Avery Spookens, who has inspired the #TakeYouHomeAvery tag after her account got hacked. Her friend is looking to get in contact with her, so I want you guys to support her however you can. 

To whomever is reading this, I want you to know that Wattpad is no longer the platform it once was. Sure, people label it as addictive, and I agree with that cause I myself get caught in that certain web from time to time, but it was meant to be a platform where your opinion could be accepted. 

Please, if you can read this, Wattpad, Ambassadors, stop focusing on yourselves. Your customers are just like you. We're all equal. You have to do something. 

For the sake of all the people on this platform who come here, looking for solace from the cruel world. 

Please, listen to our silent voices, lost in your minds. 

_600 words, 10 words for the warning_

Wattpad

ZonderZorg

Scarlett_Schuyler

ScarlettBlackDaisy

Demonfire_Dagger