Final Words to Them

I just finished watch Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna, and watching it has made me realise something. 

Growing up, I thought I never had friends. I thought that it was my fate to be alone forever. 

Every time I saw everyone happy, I was jealous. I wanted love. 

That led to a bunch of things that I wished I could take back, from kissing and hugging near strangers, to even trying to break friendships up. 

My family were so focused on various things as well. I thought that everyone hated me. 

But I forgot a lot of things in the process. 

I forgot that I had the fictioners, who were there by my side. 

I forgot that my parents loved me, even though I lashed out and threw tantrums. 

I forgot... 

I forgot and didn't see the most important thing in one's life. 

I forgot about agape. The purest of love. The brightest of them all. 

It was only after... the Second Reboot, that I finally remembered that. 

From then on, I worked hard to get where I am today. Sure, I've been through a lot. But I always had you guys to comfort me. 

But then, after saving Dima, and stopping the Soul Parade in Manna Hill, you decided to go home. 

To your world. 

That was when we separated paths. 

Maybe we were never meant to even cross paths. 

But I am glad. 

Because for the past few years, you were there for me, no matter what. During the highs and the lows, you stuck by me. 

And you know what? I'm glad for that. 

Because we grew together. 

That's the beauty of friendship. We support each other, and we grow together. 

A character in a drama once said, "Any type of goodbye hurts us."

I agree with this. 

No one will ever be able to get rid of the pain and sadness of losing a friend. 

But. 

They're also what makes us stronger. 

For that, I thank all of you for your love. 

Shirou, thank you for being my best friend. Sure you fight with Leo a lot, and you seem to be more crazy than most, but that's only because you lost your family at such a young age, and you spent decades trying to find who did it. I'm happy that you've let go of that grudge against Captain Kaizo, and I want you to know that you are the best hermaphroditic female demon I know. 

Leo, you were like a brother to me. Sure I tried to call myself your real sister, but the facts are I've always seen you as a surrogate one. Don't fight a lot with Shirou, and make sure to keep the new kids safe, no matter what. I hope that you, Dipper, Mabel and Hadrian haven't had much trouble with whatever you may be doing. Don't prank people too much kay? 

Semo, you were awesome. You're definitely an amazing dad to Hari as well. I want you to know that you've taught me something about family. Not to mention all the times we used in class to talk to each other. Never forget that you are who you are, and stay on your path. 

Duri, you were one of the most devout Christians I've had the pleasure of meeting. You were kind, caring and an amazing best friend. You've taught me so much about real strength, and I'm grateful for that. I promise that I will follow in your footsteps to help others just as you helped me.