Equality

The first of June marks the beginning of Pride Month, a global celebration of the LGBTQBIA+ community. The entire month, we'll be reminded of how love can be directed in different ways. From the normal to the rare, all these will be celebrated. 

To everyone in the community, I want to make this a shout out to all of you for braving all the circumstances to find what you identify as. Whether you are a newcomer or someone who already has someone or who is still searching, I welcome you to my profile. 

I want you guys to know that love has no boundaries in my eyes. As long as both sides love each other, find solace in each other, and accept the other, then it's good in my eyes. Even if the age gap is wide, I still accept it as it is. 

Thus, I am against anything that violates that. One-sided loves, toxic relationships... Those really make me angry. As stated in the Bible, specifically 1 Corinthians 13, 

4 Love is patient, love is kind. Love does not envy, is not boastful, is not arrogant,5 is not rude, is not self-seeking, is not irritable, and does not keep a record of wrongs. 6 Love finds no joy in unrighteousness but rejoices in the truth.7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

This passage proves to me that love has no boundaries. I believe and hope that someday, we can love who we want to. We can find who we are destined to be with and be with them.  We won't be alone. 

So why can't we be open? Why must we hide? Why must we fear what others think? 

We were born unique. We were not meant to cower behind walls. We are who we were meant to be. 

This is you. No one can change that. 

And yet, here in this harsh reality, that happens. 

When we push others down, believing that we are doing the right thing, the facts are that we're not. We're doing the total opposite. We are denying, refusing to acknowledge them when we do this. 

Because of this, people are forced to act as something they're not. 

They can't be who they are, just because they want to be accepted. They have to accept every insult, every hit, and act as if they're okay when they're not.

That's wrong. We are not meant to be in relationships that make us feel worse than before. 

That's why I want to say no to toxic relationships. I want to say no to people who don't think for others. 

That's why I want to say no to toxicity. 

And that is why I stand by people who seem to ship weird ships. 

I believe that love can be expressed in many ways. 

If we can't accept that, how can we truly love others? 

If we can't accept someone just because of their skin colour, their sexuality, their gender, and so many other trivial things, what makes you think that you're thinking for the world? That they deserve it? 

This only proves that we need to look inside, not outside. We can't judge a book by its cover. 

Love is what keeps us from doing bad things. Maybe not all the time, but we know that love is what spurs us to do good things. 

Love is what brings us to accept ourselves, sexuality and all. 

To the LGBTQ+ community out there, I want to say that I admire you for your bravery to admit your sexualities. Maybe not now, but I believe that one day, this won't be looked down on. 

No, this will be seen as normal. 

That's the world that I hope to see in the future. 

The bravery to be honest, to speak up even against the people who don't want to accept it, even if they're related by blood, is a bravery that is as noble as the love described in the verses above. 

And thus, I reach out to everyone who has been hurt before because of what others said. 

Don't let them get to you. If you do, they win. You lose. 

You don't deserve this. 

You are not weird or crazy just because you're not the same. 

YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE. 

Don't ever forget that, for we are all equal in the eyes of God, no matter who you are on Earth. Your soul is the important thing, not materials. 

Thank you, and I wish you a good day.