Lithromantics? What are Those?

Seeing the title, you're probably as confused as every other person who don't know about this certain sexuality. Believe me, I didn't know about it at all until one of my friends, Minecraftkunoichi (yeah, the one who talked about being aro last time) announced that she was now lithromantic. Taking the chance, I decided to interview her once more to let us all know more about this lesser known member of the LGBTQBIA+ spectrum. Let's dive into it then!

1. How did you find out about your lithromantic status?

I was talking with someone on Reddit saying how I wasn't entirely sure if I was aromantic because I did develop crushes, but as soon as we went on a date the romantic feelings just disappeared. They then suggested that I look up Lithromantic and so I did and I realized I was actually Lithromantic.

2. So, mind telling us what lithromantic is all about?

Of course. Lithromantic or akoiromantic (They both mean the same thing, but Lithromantic is easier to pronounce) means experiencing romantic attraction without the desire for reciprocation. Meaning if you have a crush on someone, as soon as that person reciprocates those same feelings for you (or likes you back) then the original romantic feelings you had for them will fade, leaving only platonic feelings.

3. How does it feel to be lithromantic?

It's alright. It does get a bit awkward when I actually do get a crush and there's a rare moment where they actually like me back, but things get more relaxed when it ends up being platonic.

4. What are the positives of being a lithromantic?

Uh, I'm not actually sure. Well, for one thing, having a crush on a fictional character is fantastic because you know they'll never like you back. XD

Although Lithromantics can fantasize about romance but preferring it only in theory, not in practice. 

Well I guess I'm just glad that I was able to find a romantic orientation that actually fits me. Ever since I realized I was asexual I wasn't sure if I was actually heteroromantic so I just thought I was aromantic. But after finding out about the term Lithromantic it just fit me way better so I'm glad I was able to find an orientation that I'm actually comfortable with.

5. What about the negatives?

Oof, this one I think I can actually answer. I guess if I actually do go on a date with someone and they realize that I don't like them romantically anymore they could get mad and say I 'led them on' or something like that and then just not want to be my friend. Luckily it's only happened to me once, but it still hurt.

6. Do you know any celebrities who are lithromantic? If so, who?

So far no because I had just discovered the term a few hours ago and like asexuality, it seems like a hidden orientation that you don't really know exists unless you accidentally find it or if someone tells you about it.

7. Do you think that lithromantic should be a more known sexuality? Why?

Yes I do, because, like hidden orientations such as asexuality, someone may be lithromantic, but don't know it because no one ever talks about it so they may never know that the term exists and think that something is wrong with them because like myself, they may have been saying they were and orientation that didn't fit them. I want people to know about these orientations so that they can know that whatever they are, there isn't anything wrong with them and hopefully they can find other people who go by the same term so that they know that they're not alone.

Welp, this is quite the story, don't you think? So, to those out there who are struggling to find the right word to describe yourself, try reading this to see if you're a lithromantic!