chapter 1

blair's pov
my hands grip around the steering wheel of my red honda nsx. the fastest car up in this bitch. but for some reason my palms alway racks up sweat when i'm put into the same position every day after school. also with the same people who can't deal with the fact that their getting their asses beat by a girl in high school.
i rev the engine turning my head to see the spoiled college kid in his mustang. he shakes his head and looks forward. i smirk and see the female flagger, barely wearing any clothes, but i wasn't complaining.
i watch the movements of the two flags in her hand, as she waves them to the side and brings them down. my foot immediately steps off the brake and presses down on the gas, simultaneously moving the stick. i look to my right and i don't see the guy at all. i quickly take a peak in the rear view mirror and see him struggling. i smirk and let out a soft chuckle. i made it to the marked spot on the pole, slowing down to drive back. i honk as i pass the guy finally reaching the end.
i park my car to the side, everyone coming up to me patting my back. tyler and ace, my two closest guy friends, gives me a hug
"hey" i hear behind me. i turn around and the crowd goes silent. "i under estimated you, congrats, here's the grand liked we promised" the guy confesses. i smirk, biting my lip.
"thank you" i say.
"aye, just made a quick 500 for that bet" tyler says squeezing my shoulder and i laugh.
"lets get outta here" ace says, as we walk back to my car.
"um, i gotta free crib, my dad is at my little brothers soccer game" i say tossing my helmet in the trunk.
"bet, i'll follow you, ace, wanna ride? we can bump juice wrld" tyler hypes.
"hey i would've done the same, assholes" i shout as they walk to his subaru. i get in my car, connect to bluetooth and turn off turbo mode.
i quickly facetime my dad, and he picks up on the second ring.
"hey, did the game start?"
"no, river is putting his cleats on while entertaining mason. river! it's blair" my dad shouts, handing him the phone.
"hey buddy, i just wanted to say good luck" i say, looking at my 10 year old brothers' chocolate eyes through the phone.
"thank you blair, i'm so nervous. if we win, we go to the championships" he says nervously.
"you'll be fine, you practiced so much! i'll see you at home, love you" i say when i hear ty honk his horn behind me.
"love you" he replies and i hang up. i stick my head out the window and flip him off. i pull out, heading towards my crib. i park in the garage, meeting bellamy, my husky, by the door.
"hey boy" i coo, petting him as i walk towards the kitchen, giving him a treat, before opening the glass door to the backyard. without having to call, he runs outside doing a full circle around the yard. i hear a car pull up and doors being slammed.
"lets head to the back" i hear tyler's voice. alarmed, bellamy starts barking.
i hear the gate being unlocked, and tyler walks through the gate. we make eye contact, a smirk on my face.
"took you long enough" i chuckle, sipping on some apple juice.
"shut the fuck up, i just coped a zip" he rolls his eyes, tossing me a bag of weed. i smile, taking a whiff of the bag.
"fuckkk" i moan, tossing my head back.
"dude, i think you have a new neighbor" ace says looking back.
"yeah, the other family dipped" i say, throwing a tennis ball for bellamy. "roll up" i shout, connecting to my bluetooth.
"so there's these kids who wanna race for 2500, um tomorrow i think. y'all down?" ace ask.
"fuck yeah" i say, playing xxxtentacion.
"ace, what's up with you and skylar?" tyler ask, breaking down the bud. i open a brand new fronto pack, cutting a perfect piece.
"great actually, i'm gonna make it official when we go to the lake this weekend. y'all coming right?" ace explains.
"yeah, i'll be there" i nod.
"of course, your dad bought some new canoes?" tyler ask.
"yeah 2 or 3 i think, i don't know."
there's a few small talk, before tyler sparks the blunt. after a few hits, he passes it to me.
i lightly place my lips on the tip, inhaling slowly, watching the cherry burn. i do a slow ghost, breathing in back all the smoke. immediately, i am hit with a nicotine buzz. i take a few more hits before passing.
"fuck... when is that bullshit paper due?" i ask, remembering about school.
"monday" ace comments, blowing smoke out. the blunt goes around two more times before i ash it.
"you know what, i'm gonna walk to 7 eleven. i could really good for a slushee right now" i smile, standing up and walking into my slides. "y'all want anything?"
"taki's!"
"beef jerky!" they respond in unison.
"come on bellamy" i say, grabbing my penny board. i put my airpods in, leashing up bell. i walk past the gate, seeing the big moving truck. i try to take a peak, but no one is in sight. i shrug my shoulders and begin to peddle my way to 7 eleven.
after a 5 minute ride, i finally pull up to 7 eleven. i hop off my penny board carrying it, while holding the leash. as i am about to open the door, i hear a loud engine pulling up into the gas station. i turn my head, instantly drawn to the sound. a dodge... hmm, i've been living here for a while to know i've never seen it before.
i realize i was blocking someone from leaving, i smile apologetically, holding the door for them.
i walk inside, seeing quincy "hey quincy, what's up" i nod.
"nothing much blair, how are you?" he ask.
"not too bad, hey can you watch bellamy real quick, i'm gonna get a slushee" i say.
"of course" he smiles, running from behind the counter, as i hand him the leash. "thanks" i respond, immediately going to the slushee station. i grab the large cup, considering it was only a dollar. i fill the cup half with cherry and the rest blue raspberry.
once i finish, i walk down the isle, hearing the bell to the door ring, signaling someone entering. my eyes quickly scan the shelves for taki's. i look to my right noticing the last bag, just laying there. i grab it, hearing feet shuffling behind me. i turn around and i am met with a girl, who i assume is around my age. she wears clothes twice her size, but i dig the style. she has black sunglasses and a hoodie covering her hair.
i smile and begin to walk towards quincy.
"where the fuck are the taki's!" i hear a voice exclaim.
"i'm sorry, but i think i beat you to it" i laugh, shaking the last bag of taki's in my hand.
"shit...you can keep it" she says.
"what makes you think i was gonna give em to you?" i raise my eyebrow.
"erm...." she freezes and i smirk.
"i'm just playing with ya and it's for my friend, so discuss with him cause he'll happily fight you for em" i smile, shaking my head. i walk towards the end of the isle, quickly swiping a beef jerky. i put the items on the counter and grab bellamy's leash.
"thanks quincy" i say and he nods his head. i rub bell and look up. i see the girl at the slushee station, doing the same combo i did. i just smile.
"$5" quincy says, i hand him 6.
"can i get a dollar in quarters?" i say. he gives me the quarters and i grab all my crap. as i am about to walk to the back, i bump into the same girl.
i quickly wrap my hands around her waist, pulling her closer to me, so she doesn't fall, her hand gripping around my arm.
"my fault" i say. she looks up at me and this time she doesn't have her glasses on anymore. i can see her eyes clearly. and wow- they are stunning.
"it's okay" she whispers, looking up at me.
her eyes are so beautiful, i feel like i've seen them before...
i felt like we was staring at each other for eternity. i let go of her waist, giving her space.
bellamy jumps on the girl, almost knocking her down. "omg he's so cute what's his name?" she ask.
"bellamy" i say, drinking my slushee, the after taste of frontos in my mouth.
"like the 100" she chuckles and i smile. bellamy gets off of her and i walk towards the pac man machine. i put the leash around my wrist, my board and the slushee on the floor.
i insert 2 quarters in, the sound of the old game running up. i focus on the yellow circle guy.
"holy shit, haven't played pac man in so long!" i hear the same voice but i don't pay attention. she stands beside me, almost too close for comfort, but all i care about is beating my own record. as my eyes move around the screen, i feel the deep stare of her eyes on my face.
"you know... it's not nice to stare" i smirk.
"shut up" she laughs.
"if you're here for the taki's, i was being serious. i can call him up right now" i chuckle, quickly diverting my eyes to look at her.
"haha, what no! i don't want the takis-" she is cut off by a mans voice.
"bil, hurry up, i'm trying to set up everything so i can finish tweaking the song!" an older guy shouts.
"oh... um i gotta go" she says.
the game over sound comes on, indicating i failed to surpass my high score.
"fuck!" i exclaim, banging my fist on the surface. i look over her confused face, "oh, um- did you just move into the house on.... pinewood street?" i question picking up my penny board and slushee.
"oh... um yeah" she answers.
"ok see you around then" i wink, walking myself out the store.
"bye quincy" i wave, before the door closes behind me, noticing a tall man standing next to the black dodge. i put my airpods back in, but before i play a song, i hear two honks.
i turn around, to see if it was for me, "i'm coming doofus" the girl who i was talking to shouts, as she walks through the door.
no way that's her car, what the fuck. i play my music, beginning to skate, making sure i don't trip over bellamys leash.
as i am two minutes away from my crib, i feel a car slow down behind me. i lower my music and begin to pedal a bit faster.
i know i'm high, but this isn't the paranoia shit going on.
as soon as i'm at my driveway, i hear the car honk, i turn around and the window rolls down.
"don't worry it's just me" the girl from 7 elven smiles.
"i thought you had somewhere to be" i smirk.
the same guy at 7 eleven gets out of the car, "yeah we do but billie takes forever. we're just right here anyway" he smiles, pointing to the house behind him.
"hey we're you're new neighbors, i'm finneas by the way" he says waving.
"blair" i say smiling.
"see billie, it wasn't that hard! hurry home tho, i'll be like fully set up in 2 hours" the guy, who i now know is finneas says, before walking away.
i wonder what he's been talking about? setting up and shit...
i turn my head to see pink tints forming on her cheeks. she puts the car in park, hopping out.
bellamy becomes impatient, so i unhook his leash, as he runs towards the backyard.
"finally, took you long enough!" ace exclaims, walking through the gate.
"shut the fuck up and eat this, before she does" i chuckle, tossing him his takis.
"who? did you at least tell her, i'll happily fight her for em" he says and i burst into a fit of laughter.
"yes i did in fact, every word you just used" i add, i look over at billie and her face was red.
"i'm not here for the takis man.... i'm billie by the way" she smiles.
"i guess you already know my name" i smirk and she seems embarrassed, turning her head towards ace.
"i'm ace" he says, smiling like a goofball.
"what's the hold up?" tyler questions, joining us in front of the driveway.
"well i thought billie wanted to fight, but we settled it" ace jokes. i toss tyler the beef jerky and throw away my empty slushee.
"no way is that your whip" tyler gasp and i nod my head agreeing, checking the car out.
she turns around and nods, "yeah, i call it, dragon" she says with a goofy smile. "holy shit! is that your honda in the garage?" she says. i turn my head confused and look towards the garage.
"what the fuck! i thought i closed that shit" i whisper to myself. i clear my throat, "um, yeah" i nod, walking towards the garage and she follows behind me.
a part of me wanted to ask why she was still here and not with her brother, but that would seem rude.
"we'll be in the back, gonna roll up again" ace shouts. i nod my head before they both head to the backyard.
"isn't this like the fastest honda ever" she questions.
"yeah it is" i respond, impressed that she actually knows that. i grab the tarp covering the car even though it's in the garage. "how you know that?" i ask, curious.
"i used to go to a lot of car shows and shit. i love this type of shit" she smiles.
"that's dope, i'm gonna hang in my backyard.... you're welcome to join...." i trail off.
"oh-um...i th-ink it's best if i j-just go home. my brother is waiting for me" she stutters. i arch my eyebrow and smirk.
"for sure, see ya around then" i reply. she walks back to her car and parks it right across the street. i chuckle and walk through the gate.
"hey do you guys recognize her from anywhere" i ask, getting comfortable on the hammock.
"yeah, dude, that's billie eilish. you have her songs in your playlist, you always say her songs are fire when it's playing. i thought you knew and was just being chilled about it" ace laughs, my eyes bulge.
"for real, that's crazy. see dude, everyone has secrets. i'm just glad she didn't ask to get in the car. i didn't cover shit" i chuckle going on my phone. i open up instagram and look up her name. i scroll through her page and i am quite intrigued.
i hover my thumb over the follow button, "yo" tyler taps my shoulder, and i quickly turn my phone off, deciding not to.
i take the blunt, enjoying the warm weather.
it was 8 pm, when my dad arrived home with river, and my 2 year old brother mason. ace and tyler had left after we had finished our paper. i had made some vegan spaghetti with some rice on the side, just in time for them to come home.
"how was the game?" i ask river as i set the bowl of spaghetti on the dinner table.
"we're going to the champs!" river exclaims. we all cheer.
"see, i knew you could do it" i encourage taking my seat at the table. "i won the race against a college guy" i mention.
"that's awesome, have you met the new neighbor yet?" he ask after swallowing his food.
"yeah, finneas and billie eilish... their famous" i comment, then taking a sip of my apple juice.
"really?" river asked, getting excited.
"yeah, but don't invade their privacy river, their people too" i say wiping my face with a napkin. river nods his head as we talk about our day.
"mason you like the food?" i asked wiping his face, that was covered in spaghetti and pieces of rice.
"yeah" he giggles, nodding his head. this boy, has the most beautiful eyes i've ever seen.
after dinner, river and i cleaned up, while dad gave mason a bath and put him to sleep. i then head upstairs taking a shower.
i grab a pair of sweats and a hoodie, then connect to the speaker. i shuffle lil uzi, until i'm done. when i get out the shower, i quickly put my hair in to french braids. i walk over to my desk, opening my green staples notebook, that i write all my shit in. well, specifically my music. i go over some lyrics i wrote over a beat.
i make a few edits and decided that it was enough for tonight. i check the time, noticing it's 11:45 pm, letting out a loud sigh. definitely don't want to go to school tomorrow. probably should just go bowling instead, it's only $5 friday. i unlock my phone, pulling up my group chat with my friends.
me: so like fuck school, how about bowling?
ace🃏💯: fuck yeah, i like this side of u😈
tyler🔰💤: what time we linking
me: be at the crib at like 12
tyler🔰💤: bet
i turn my phone off, turning on the orville. when the episode of issac and claire going on a date, the most hilarious episode ever, finishes i grab everything i need to roll up.
i open up the window, climbing out onto the roof. i sit there, staring at the sky, since i got a good view of the city. luckily it wasn't windy, so i could roll up without my bud flying.
i break the nugs into small pieces, making sure there isn't any stems. i cover the trey, just in case, and cut a fronto piece. after i pearl the blunt, i see someone walk out their house and sit on the swing that's on their front porch.
i assume it's billie because i see her car in the driveway. i try to make eye contact with her, but she is looking everywhere... besides me. i let out a loud whistle that seems to get her attention. she looks left and right, i whistle again.
"over here" i shout. her eyes finally meet mine and i see a small smile. she gets off the swing and crosses the road.
"what you doing up there?" she ask.
"hold up" i say, going back through the window. i lay all my stuff on the nightstand, putting my keys, phone, and lighter in my pocket and the blunt between my lips. i crawl out the window, billie still standing below.
i look down, making sure nothing is in my way.
"you better not ju-" i cut her off, perfectly landing on my feet next to her.
"trust me, i've done this a million times" i let out a loud sigh. i hold the blunt between my fingers and check my pockets to make sure i didn't lose anything. "walk with me?" i question, looking in her eyes. even though it's pass 12, the street lamp keeps her eyes illuminated.
she looks around, unsure, "fuck it, show me around" she says with a chuckle. i smile and start walking towards my usual route.
"so billie....." i trail off. i was debating on mentioning why she didn't tell me she's a famous singer, but i guess that's pretty obvious why. "how old are you?" i make something up.
"oh, 17" she replies. "you?"
"same" i reply. i look at the blunt between my fingers, not knowing if i should spark it right now.
"where are we going?" she ask, tucking her hands into her large hoodie pocket.
"just the park, i like to do this sometimes, especially when i can't sleep" i comment.
"that's cool, i like to do that too" she smiles, accidentally bumping shoulders.
we had been walking for 5 minutes when we finally reach the park. i lead her to the swings and we each take a seat. i feel my pockets for my lighter and take it out.
i place the blunt between my lips, bringing the lighter to the other end of it and sparking it.
i can see from the corner of my eye, that billie was staring at me. i take a big hit, trying to ghost, but the wind fucking it up.
billie's pov:
i look at blair as she is smoking. there's something about her that i can't seem to shake off. first off, she is drop dead gorgeous and her presence is just so comforting. and to be honest, i don't think she knows i'm the billie eilish. if she does, she's doing a hella of a good job acting like she doesn't. usually i don't like being around people who smoke, but with her i really don't mind.
"so what was the reasoning for moving?" she ask, as she smokes.
"oh..." honestly, i don't know what to say. "um, we were just looking for a bit more space, but nothing too big you know" i say, not totally lying.
"yeah" she says. she looks at me, handing me over the blunt.
"oh, i don't smoke" i say.
"that's fine" she says, taking another hit.
"really..." i raise my eyebrow.
"why wouldn't it be?" she questions.
"it's just... i lost friendships because they wouldn't except the fact that i wouldn't smoke... so you know" i shrug, fiddling with my hands.
"listen, they are assholes. it doesn't matter, i'm with you right now cuz we're vibing. not cuz i want you to smoke, to show me you're cool or whatever their point was" she chuckles, looking at me. i haven't noticed the color of her eyes until now. at this angle, there's a little sparkle to her chocolaty eyes.
i smile and nod my head. she takes one last hit before flicking it onto the grass.
she smiles and begins to kick her feet, back and forth. i do the same catching up with her.
***
hey y'all, thank you for reading and supporting this book, hope y'all enjoy it. i do apologize for slow updates, but it's worth it.
-bri🐢