Chapter 1-The beginning

Tris P.O.V

I look out the car window and see the familiar sights of Chicago again. I used to live in Chicago but when I was 6 I moved to California. I had to leave everyone behind, without saying goodbye. We pull into our new school and our parents let me and my brother Caleb out.

"Have a good day at school!" My mom says. We close our car doors and walk in to the school. We go into the front office to get our locker numbers and schedules.

"Beatrice Prior" I say. The lady hands me my schedule and smiles. I just turn away.

Period 1 - AP Math
Period 2 - AP English
Period 3 - Spanish
Period 4 - Art
Period 5 - Lunch
Period 6 - AP Science
Period 7 - Music
Period 8 - Free

As I am walking out, looking at my schedule, I bump into someone.

"Oops sorry" I say. I look up and see the girl has dark hair and light mocha colored skin.

"No it's my fault" the girl says "my name is Christina, you?"

"Tris" I say "do you know where locker 362 is?" I ask

"Ya! It's right next to mine!" Christina says and pauses for about 3 seconds "do you want to have lunch with me and my friends?"

"Ya sure I'll find you in the lunchroom" I say

"Wait, can I see your schedule" I hand her my schedule and she smiles " we have almost all the same classes!" She says. We walk to our lockers and get our stuff for math. When we get there, Christina sees some of her friends and goes over to them, I follow her.

"Tris, this is Marlene and Shauna, you will meet the others at lunch." Christina says

"Hi" I say and wave. They wave back and continue talking. The first part of the day is a blur. soon enough it's lunch time. Christina and I get our food and sit down at "their" table. Everyone looks at me weird except for the 2 people I met.

"Um, Chris who is this?" A boy asks

"Oh right! This is Tris she just moved here. Tris, this is Zeke, Uriah, Lynn, Four, and Will." Christina says. I wave to them all and they continue to eat. I notice a boy looking at me, I think his name was Uriah. I blush and look back at my food. At the and of the day me and Chris leave early because we have free period last.

"Come on, let's go shopping" Chris says as we walk to her car.

"No! I hate shopping" I complain

"Too bad. You need new clothes to impress your new crush." she says. I stop walking.

"What crush?" I ask

"Oh come on, I saw the way you were looking at Uriah" Chris says. My face reddens and I look away from her.

"I saw the way he was looking at you too, you know he's not dating anyone." Chris continues. I smile and blush even more.

We drive to the mall and Christina drags me in. We shop for what felt like eternity but was probably just a few hours. Christina dragged me into almost every store and, had me try on so much. We each carry out 10 bags each, and Christina didn't get anything. We go back to her car and drive home. She comes over to my house to help me put all my new things away. Then we both get a text.

Group chat

Candor or dauntless party at my house tonight! - Uriah

And mine! - Zeke

Okay - basically everyone

What time - Will

Around 6 - Zeke

End of group chat

When Christina looks up she grins evilly.

"Time to get ready!" She says. I groan

"I thought we were done" I reply

"Not even close" she replies.